- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Digital Health
- Post Date: 02/20/2024
- Website: healthtap.com
- Company Address: PO Box 209 E. Java Dr #61987, Sunnyvale, CA 94088, US
About HealthTapHealthTap is a nationwide virtual primary care practice that delivers affordable, quality care equitably to all Americans. HealthTap provides its members access to a long-term primary care doctor of their choice that will help them manage all aspects of their healthcare in a holistic and personalized way based on a trusted relationship.
Practice primary care from the comfort of your private home office.
HealthTap is hiring multi-state-licensed primary care doctors (internists or family physicians) for full-time and part-time roles to add to our growing virtual primary care clinic serving the 50 states and D.C.
As a doctor in the HealthTap Medical Group, you provide high-quality virtual care by video visits to a panel of patients located in states where you hold an active medical license.
Full-time and part-time positions (20–56+ hours/week) are available. You can learn more about us today!
Who we're looking for
HealthTap is hiring compassionate, friendly, multi-state-licensed primary care doctors (MDs, DOs, and equivalent foreign degrees) who are board certified in family medicine or internal medicine.
Apply today so we can talk with you about this opportunity to practice high-quality, evidence-based, patient-centric virtual healthcare.
What we expect (part time or full time)
- Provide high-quality, compassionate virtual primary care by video visits — using your laptop or desktop computer — to HealthTap’s growing patient population.
- Deliver excellent care without any of the typical overhead of a physical practice.
- Enjoy practicing and helping patients from the comfort of your home or anywhere you have a good Internet connection in a well-lit, professional, private, and quiet workspace.
- Practice the highest quality, evidence-based medicine to help your patients with a wide range of primary care health issues, including:
- Help patients with their acute medical issues.
- Provide ongoing care to patients with chronic conditions that are appropriate for management by virtual care.
- Provide education to guide patients.
- Prescribe medications electronically (except restricted meds, such as DEA-scheduled drugs).
- Order and review lab tests.
- Fill out work, school, and other simple medical excuse notes.
- Refer patients to in-person care when appropriate.
- Write careful, detailed medical notes (SOAP notes) after each video visit.
Why you should consider working for us (from home!)
- Avoid the commute.
- Easy schedule management with no double-booking or appointments outside of scheduled office hours.
- Focus on giving great care to your patients in one-on-one video visits.
- Collaborate with great HealthTap team members who are excited to hear your feedback and make service and process updates to enhance your and your patients’ user experience.
Preferred requirements for this role
- A great doctor with at least four years of experience in the U.S. or Canada providing hands-on care to a wide variety of patients.
- Friendly, compassionate, collaborative and excited about helping patients, especially patients who return for ongoing care.
- Highly skilled in patient communication:
- Communicate in clear, patient-friendly language with patients in live video visits and in your clinical notes (SOAP notes).
- Skilled at managing conditions that are common in primary care settings.
- In good standing with the medical licensure boards in the states where you hold licenses.
- Punctual, professional, cheerful, and resilient.
- Eager to learn and grow.
- Excited to develop a virtual primary care practice and work with HealthTap on innovations to improve care.
- Willing to get additional licenses (with the help of HealthTap) to expand your ability to offer virtual primary care to patients throughout the U.S.
- Must not be opted out of Medicare.
We believe everyone deserves easy, affordable primary care. We believe in a long-term doctor-patient relationship. When patients have a doctor who really understands and keeps up with their health, the doctor can help their patients live longer, happier lives.
We have built the world's best digital health platform that empowers doctors to provide the best virtual care possible, and supports their continued advancement in medical knowledge, science, and technology.
More about working with us
- Competitive compensation. Full-time doctors may be eligible for company incentive stock options.
- We're proud of our team of genuine, mission-driven, kind-hearted builders and caretakers.
- We are focused on providing great, patient-centered healthcare.
- We strive to provide user-friendly services and software for both patients and doctors.
- We work entirely virtually. Our headquarters is based in Sunnyvale, California, and we have a distributed workforce.
- We strive to onboard physicians quickly so they can start providing virtual care to patients on HealthTap.
- We work with our primary care doctors to create an online doctor profile that communicates their specific care style and draws patients to their HealthTap virtual practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion. We want to see you grow and will invest in you!
If this sounds like you, we would love to talk with you. Start your journey with HealthTap now by applying today.
$90,000/year – $255,000/year (depending on weekly virtual office hours commitment)
Please sign the HealthTap NDA
We ask all our applicants to complete our standard Non-Disclosure Agreement as part of our application process.
NOTE: Please check our web site at https://www.healthtap.com/jobs/ for our official job postings and application process. Note that HealthTap will never ask for your financial information or to send us money to be considered for employment. Please exercise caution if you receive an unsolicited job offer from an individual not using an official HealthTap.com email address or phone number. If you receive an unsolicited email, text message, or other communication about an open position at HealthTap that doesn’t sound right or you think might be a scam, please reference the HealthTap Recruitment Fraud Warning page [http://www.healthtap.com/jobs/protect-against-recruitment-fraud/] for further information.