- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Digital Health
- Post Date: 02/13/2024
- Website: cloverhealth.com
- Company Address: 30 Montgomery St, Jersey City, NJ 07306, US
About Clover HealthClover Health (Nasdaq: CLOV) is a physician enablement company focused on seniors who have historically lacked access to affordable, high-quality healthcare.
This is a field-based position that requires driving to and conducting visits in patient homes. We have vacancies in Northern and Central New Jersey.
The CMA is responsible for the following items and additional tasks as needed and directed by the PCP:
- Assisting the Provider as directed in all facets of patient care before, during, and after the in-home visit as well as post-visit office duties as directed.
- Interacting directly with the patient during the in-home visit, including but not limited to:
- Translating or language line connection for the patient, caregiver, family members, and/or Provider.
- Collecting and documenting demographic information, care preference information, medication-related information, environmental information, vital signs, and other information as directed by the Provider.
- Performing EKG or other testing as directed and permitted by the Provider
- Performing patient blood-laboratory draws as directed by the Provider.
- Performing varied clerical duties such as patient chart preparation prior to and during patient visits.
- Conducting member outreach to schedule home visits as needed for Clover clinical programs.
- Reviewing required consent forms with the patient and obtaining the patient's signatures on required consent forms (General Consent for Treatment, HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices, etc.) during the initial, and if necessary, subsequent in-home visits.
- Reminding the Provider about open quality gaps and other priority items for in-home visits.
- Coordinating care with other PCT members, including through EHR task-management software.
- Handling and preparing all blood specimens for transfer to the laboratory for processing, including spinning blood after each visit in the vehicle centrifuge, packaging lab specimens for shipment, and updating patient EMR records as needed/permitted.
- Driving Provider to all patient appointments, facilitating timely visits, and scheduling logistics.
- Maintaining medical supplies for CMA and Provider as prescribed by practice standards.
- Maintaining company vehicle according to Company Fleet Management Policy.
- The CMA is to remain with the Provider at all times during the visit.
- Participating in ongoing professional development and self-improvement.
- Demonstrates flexibility in assignments within Clover’s Clinical Programs based on member and company needs.
- 0 to 1 year of overall related work experience or related work experience in the home, preferred.
- Medical Assistant certification from an accredited program, required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 30 days of hire, required.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Spanish, both orally and in writing, preferred.
- Valid New Jersey driver's license, required.
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed, required.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner, required.
- High School Graduate/GED/Equivalent Work or Vocational/Technical School/Diploma,
- Basic proficiency in computer use, required; EMR experience, eClinicalWorks, preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with patients and colleagues alike.
- Proficient in taking vital signs, drawing blood, updating medical records, preparing patients for exams, doing basic laboratory work, and facilitating treatment.
- You are comfortable walking up at least 3 flights of stairs and carrying up to 40 pounds of equipment, as some residences may not have elevators.
- You are comfortable working with patients of diverse social, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.