- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Digital Health
- Post Date: 11/20/2023
- Website: cloverhealth.com
- Company Address: P.O. Box 471, Jersey City, NJ 07303
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Clover HealthClover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare.
In 2018, Clover opened our first international office in Hong Kong as the company's software engineering hub. Leveraging Clover's proprietary machine learning models, our software engineers in Hong Kong partner with our US-based teams to build software that transforms the landscape of the healthcare industry.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team. Our managers take on a role that is a mix of technical leadership, execution, and people management. The primary responsibilities of Engineering Managers are to build strong teams of engineers and help them deliver results. We empower people on the team to take ownership of problems, and support them with mentorship, guidance, and business context.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Be accountable for the team's impact; guide the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and reliability
- Foster a healthy, results-oriented, and collaborative culture that is the bedrock of strong teams.
- Represent the team in engineering organization-wide planning, initiatives, and processes.
- Work with Product Managers and Designers to develop our technical roadmap and our approach to solving problems that improve the experience of patients and doctors.
- Set the direction for your team collaboratively, clearly establishing objectives that are aligned with Clover's company level goals and roadmap.
- Participate in sourcing, screening, hiring, growing, and retaining talent.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about growing people and organizations. Helping to set your team and peers up for success through collaboration and feedback is important to you.
- You are excited by big, complicated problems and try to solve them with pragmatic, well-engineered solutions. You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work and if they can work better.
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining and owning priorities that contribute to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
You should get in touch if:
- You are a software engineer as well as a personnel manager or team lead with hands-on experience leading 3 or more engineers.
- You have led development projects and have also created the space and opportunity for other people to become leaders.
- You have worked in fast paced environments where you had to make decisions quickly under conflicting constraints, moving rapidly to meet the demands of a fast-growing company.
- You have deep experience with system design and general purpose programming languages -- e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, Java.
- You have a track record of successfully delivering complex projects for web applications and services.
- You are able to work in different technical systems and concerns.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.