- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Enterprise SaaS
- Post Date: 09/13/2023
- Website: c3.ai
- Company Address: 1300 Seaport Boulevard Suite 500, Redwood City, CA, 94063
About C3C3 AI (NYSE:AI) is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. C3 AI delivers the C3 AI® Suite for developing, deploying, and operating large-scale AI, predictive analytics, and IoT applications, in addition to an increasingly broad portfolio of turnkey AI applications. The core of the C3 AI offering is a proprietary, model-driven AI architecture that dramatically enhances data science and application development.
C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Platform provides comprehensive services to build enterprise-scale AI applications more efficiently and cost-effectively than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, data-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at: C3 AI
C3 AI has an opening for a VP, Revenue (Revenue Controller) located at our headquarters in Redwood City, CA. The VP, Revenue leads the worldwide revenue organization spanning revenue deal advisory, accounting, reporting, revenue operations, revenue forecasting, billing operations, accounts receivable, and cash collection, as well as SOX compliance for the revenue organization. This senior leadership role will set the long-term direction for the revenue organization and will be a highly visible presence in commercial and go to market decision-making, supporting complex contract negotiations and influencing policy-making and complex issues of great significance across C3 AI. The VP, Revenue reports to the Corporate Controller.
- Develop a long term vision for the revenue organization
- Set direction, develop and drive strategic plans and objectives for the revenue organization and influence across the Company.
- Drive the ongoing maturation and automation of systems, processes and teams within the revenue organization and across the Company.
- Develop an excellent working relationship with the sales organization and establish yourself as a highly visible and trusted advisor to sales on complex contract negotiations, commercial and go to market decisions.
- Review and provide guidance relating to non standard deal terms and set Annual Recurring Revenue policy for non routine transactions.
- Develop and maintain excellent collaborative working relationships with other teams across C3 AI, not only with Sales and the Sales Organization but also including Customer Service, Legal, FP&A, IT, Accounting, and Tax.
- Develop an excellent working relationship with external auditors, present significant item updates, supporting documentation for the quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Provide frequent education to the business on complex revenue matters, including ASC 606 and provide highly visible communications to critical audiences across C3 AI.
- Ensure robust and effective control environment and successful SOX compliance.
- DRI and owner of and will lead the monthly close process and is responsible for achieving our target for days to close.
- Leader in hiring and developing remote employees.
- Subject matter expert to make decisions, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest level of standards for completeness and accuracy.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each of the responsibilities described above. The candidate must have the capacity to take on additional responsibilities as the Company grows. The requirements listed below are representative of the attributes required.
- CPA is required, with minimum 15 years of professional experience with a publicly traded company and/or accounting/consulting firm in a senior revenue leadership role, including technology industry experience.
- Ability to lead a diverse team at scale in in a fully in-office environment, with some team members in non US locations
- Ability to negotiate and influence opinions and decision making at the senior leadership level across C3 AI.
- Outstanding business and commercial acumen and ability to educate and translate complex revenue issues to non-finance personnel.
- Outstanding leadership skills with ability to create a high performing organization and to develop and effectively communicate a clear sense of mission, purpose, and priority for long term direction for multiple teams and across C3 AI.
- Polished communication skills, including an ability to listen to the needs of the business, research and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and simplified manner, and present findings and recommendations in both oral and written presentations.
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge with detailed understanding of current US GAAP standards.
- Experience managing existing and implementing new SOX controls.
- Meticulous attention to detail and analytical thinking.
- Superb time management, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong personal integrity, C3 AI values and ethics.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes for the department to run effectively.
- Proficient in the use of various software applications, such as NetSuite, Concur, and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in FP&A and forecasting tools, in particular ability to partner and provide necessary information to FP&A partners for appropriate forecasting.
- CPA designation required (inactive is OK) and Big Four public accounting experience is preferred.
C3 AI provides excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package, which include:
- Generous equity plan.
- Salary range: $242,000 - $375,000 USD.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future company sponsorship.
C3 AI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.