Solution Engineer/Senior Solution Engineer (Federal)
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Sales
- Industry: Enterprise SaaS
- Post Date: 09/13/2023
- Website: c3.ai
- Company Address: 1300 Seaport Boulevard Suite 500, Redwood City, CA, 94063
About C3C3 AI (NYSE:AI) is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. C3 AI delivers the C3 AI® Suite for developing, deploying, and operating large-scale AI, predictive analytics, and IoT applications, in addition to an increasingly broad portfolio of turnkey AI applications. The core of the C3 AI offering is a proprietary, model-driven AI architecture that dramatically enhances data science and application development.
C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Platform provides comprehensive services to build enterprise-scale AI applications more efficiently and cost-effectively than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, data-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at: www.c3.ai
C3 AI is seeking Solution Engineers/ Senior Solution Engineers. As a Solution Engineer/ Senior Solution Engineer, you will be engineering full-stack AI-driven web applications on the C3 AI Platform. You will be working directly with our customers to design, develop, and deploy production applications, demos, and proofs-of-technology. An ideal candidate possesses strategic and analytical aptitude, software development expertise, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Recent examples of successful engagements include predictive maintenance on oil and gas equipment and aircraft subsystems, supply chain optimization, manufacturing yield optimization, chronic disease prevention, customer spend prediction, and equipment lifetime optimization. These are high value projects with high levels of internal and external visibility.
This role requires US Citizenship. Active Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance (Secret or higher) is preferred.
- Develop and deploy full-stack, AI-based enterprise applications on the C3 AI Platform
- Test, troubleshoot, and enhance customer software applications with and on behalf of customers
- Identify application performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations
- Conduct design and development reviews of customer software applications
- Deliver technical deep-dives, demonstrations, and customer training
- Engage customer executives and domain experts to define and design production-ready application demos
- Drive sales discussions on architecture and engineering, particularly with explaining the C3 AI Platform and its interoperability with existing systems
- Act as a technical expert in scoping of new applications and provide level-of-effort estimations
- Continuously identify technical risks and gaps; devise mitigation strategies in anticipation of customer needs and communicate project status to internal and external executive stakeholders
- Write application specifications and documentation
- Lead a development team and manage individual project deliverables
- Mentor junior team members on coding standards and design techniques
- Work closely with product management and engineering to drive improvements to the overall quality of C3 AI software
- Lead improvement efforts across the company that will impact all customers
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or comparable area of study
- 2+ years of professional software development experience with object-oriented programming languages
- Willing and able to obtain security clearance
- Strong verbal and written communication, and ability to work effectively on a cross-functional team
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with Federal government, especially DoD
- TS/SCI Clearance (preferably DoD)
- Graduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), or comparable area of study
- Experience deploying enterprise scale applications
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
- Experience with Git or other version control software
- Experience deploying software to least one of the leading cloud computing platforms (i.e., GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Proficiency in data structure and algorithm design and implementation
- Proficiency in time-series data analysis, cleansing, and normalization
- Working knowledge of Agile software development methodology
- Solid understanding of common machine learning techniques, applications, and trade-offs
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following industries: Aerospace, Financial Services, Healthcare, Industrial Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Public Sector, Power & Utilities, Supply Chain, Telecommunications
C3 AI provides excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package, which include:
- Generous equity plan.
- Salary range: $125,000 - $190,000 USD.
C3 AI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.