- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Enterprise SaaS
- Post Date: 09/13/2023
- Website: c3.ai
- Company Address: 1300 Seaport Boulevard Suite 500, Redwood City, CA, 94063
About C3C3 AI (NYSE:AI) is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. C3 AI delivers the C3 AI® Suite for developing, deploying, and operating large-scale AI, predictive analytics, and IoT applications, in addition to an increasingly broad portfolio of turnkey AI applications. The core of the C3 AI offering is a proprietary, model-driven AI architecture that dramatically enhances data science and application development.
C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Platform provides comprehensive services to build enterprise-scale AI applications more efficiently and cost-effectively than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, data-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at: www.c3.ai
C3 AI has an opening for a Vice President, Corporate Controller to work in our Redwood City, CA office. This role reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for capturing, defining, and ensuring the accuracy of non-GAAP financial metrics. They will work closely with our external and internal auditors, and other members of the organization to complete our monthly and quarterly reporting on a timely basis.
This role instills a culture of strong internal controls across the company and is responsible for compliance with our technical accounting standards, GL, and sub-modules for efficient operations and global revenue.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Accountable for ensuring consistent compliance of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting standards.
- Experience with and own direct responsibility for financial systems, including NetSuite, Coupa, Stock Administration, Workiva, and FloQast.
- Drive processes to optimize and automate accounting operations to drive efficient monthly/quarterly close cycles and improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Partner effectively with other finance team members and non-accounting functions to drive improved controls and process enhancements.
- Demonstrate strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial and accounting issues.
- DRI and owner of and will lead the monthly close process and is responsible for achieving our target for days to close.
- Set the standards as a leader and coach for increased levels of employee job satisfaction and employee engagement through the development and mentoring of the accounting team.
- Successful candidate will have 10+ years’ experience as Corporate Controller who has worked in both public and private company environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent and CPA license is required; MBA preferred.
- Ability to both grow in the role and grow with the company, demonstrating leadership capabilities and upward progression.
- Proven international experience working with overseas financial operations (payroll, consolidation, compliance).
- Proven success managing complex global business entities, and proven ability to handle financial accounting and reporting duties.
- Extensive experience with software revenue recognition and stock equity expensing and administration.
- Experience in FP&A and forecasting tools, in particular ability to partner and provide necessary information to FP&A partners for appropriate forecasting.
- Experienced at collaborating with business leaders and working across functional areas to articulate financial priorities and influence decisions to improve financial results.
- Proficient in the use of various software applications, such as NetSuite, Concur, and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent technical, computing, and analytical skills, accompanied by proficiency with various software applications.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes for the department to run effectively.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Big Four public accounting experience, preferred.
C3 AI provides excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package, which include:
- Generous equity plan.
- Salary range: $240,000 - $330,000 USD.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future company sponsorship.
C3 AI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.