- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Business Intelligence
- Industry: Digital Health
- Post Date: 03/20/2023
- Website: cloverhealth.com
- Company Address: P.O. Box 471, Jersey City, NJ 07303
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Clover HealthClover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We don't just provide health insurance—we deliver the kind of healthcare that people deserve. The Actuarial team at Clover is made up of collaborative and strategic thinkers who are excited about the impact technology can have on healthcare. In this role, you will partner and help support a core area of responsibility for our Actuarial team.
As an Actuarial Analyst II, you will:
- Work at the forefront of cutting edge Medicare Accountable Care Organization (ACO) programs such as the brand new ACO REACH model and Medicare’s Shared Savings Program.
- Play a crucial role in improving health outcomes and patient experience while minimizing waste and inefficiencies in care delivery by using your actuarial and analytical skills to help healthcare providers and ACOs measure, monitor, and improve the quality of care while reducing costs.
- From querying data to translating them into clear and insightful analyses, provide actuarial support on a wide variety of functions for Clover’s ACO: financial reporting, forecasting, actuarial modeling, and risk adjustment.
- Communicate analysis, findings, and supporting data in a manner that is meaningful to leadership and partnering teams.
- Support the processes to perform shared savings calculations and the other types of claim payments that Clover will incur under the ACO programs.
- Help build automated actuarial tools that allow for fast variation and iteration to address important business questions.
- Be accountable for key work products and deliver results with a high level of attention to detail and presentation.
- Be eligible to participate in Clover's Actuarial Student Program.
- Work under the direction and guidance of experienced Actuaries.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about your career in actuarial science and want to demonstrate the value that actuaries can provide in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment.
- You dream about ways to make the healthcare system more efficient and are excited about the prospect of leveraging modern tools and techniques to do so.
- You are analytical and strategic and love working in a collaborative, transparent work environment.
- You want to make an impact. From project scope to priority to implementation, you'll have an impact on how decisions get made.
You should get in touch if:
- You have at least one year experience in health insurance; value-based payment and Medicare experience is preferred.
- You have completed three or more actuarial exams.
- You have an interest in building automated tools around actuarial analysis.
- You have advanced programming skills, such as SQL, SAS, R, VBA, or Python.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.