- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Enterprise SaaS
- Post Date: 01/19/2023
- Website: workfusion.com
- Company Address: 48 Wall Street Suite 701, , New York, NY, 10005
- Salary Range: $130,000 - $150,000
About WorkFusionWorkFusion is the leading provider of Intelligent Automation solutions for Fortune 500 enterprises, banks, insurance, and financial services companies. Our AI-enabled digital workers augment traditional teams by performing highly skilled and decision-centric work in operations areas including customer service and onboarding, account opening and identify verification, anti–money laundering programs, and other document-intensive compliance activities.
WorkFusion puts technology to work.
We’re a global team of hard-working, smart, kind and dedicated employees who are driven to reinvent the future of work. Our AI-enabled Digital Workers work alongside their human colleagues to perform highly skilled and decision-centric work in operations areas including customer service and onboarding, account opening and identify verification, anti-money laundering programs, and other document-intensive compliance activities. Companies in highly regulated areas, such as banking and insurance, rely on our solutions including three of the top five U.S. banks and four of the top 10 EU banks.
WorkFusion is seeking a Senior Manager of Technical Accounting which will be responsible for all our technical accounting matters and oversee our global revenue accounting operations. The Senior Manager of Technical Accounting will be responsible for assisting in the evaluation and implementation of new accounting standards and ensuring the application of US GAAP to complex transactions. This position will also be responsible for serving as a subject matter expert for accounting questions for the Controllership function, performing technical accounting research, drafting accounting policies and writing accounting position memoranda. In this capacity, the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting will highly leverage the capabilities of WorkFusion Global SSC teams.
- Responsible for coordinating accurate and timely month-end revenue close processes in accordance with accounting close calendar (monthly, quarterly, and annual), including review and approval of relevant monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Partner with sales on customer contracts and deal negotiations; develop incentive plans and calculate commissions in accordance with ASC 606
- Provide technical accounting support for ongoing business activities, including conducting research, documenting processes, and forming conclusions in all areas, including stock based compensation, debt, equity, leases etc.
- Complete month-end close activities and accurate reporting of key revenue data; improve and implement best practices
- Understand new accounting standards, assess the implications, if any, and execute adoption as appropriate, including communication, documentation and training
- Contribute in the preparation of timely, accurate and meaningful internal and external financial statements and management reports
- Partner with business unit leaders on review of customer contracts and perform initial conclusions of appropriate revenue recognition treatment
- Participate in ad hoc projects requiring specialized accounting
- Actively participate in NetSuite and other financial system initiatives and enhancements
- Manage and mentor team members’ performance
- 5-7 years of overall accounting experience including 2-4 years public accounting experience with Big 4
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance or equivalent; Masters preferred
- Experienced with Netsuite
- Strong understanding of GAAP and solid working knowledge of ASC 606
- Understanding of global quote-to-cash business processes and best practices
- Experienced with Expensify, Carta, SFDC, Adaptive Insights
- Software industry or high-growth technology company experience
- Team player, ability to thrive in team oriented workplace that encourages active collaboration and cooperation to achieve continuous improvement and high performance
- Excellent communications and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Strong track record of problem solving, strategic creative thinking and business communication skills
Currently, WorkFusion is a hybrid remote workforce worldwide with headquarters on Wall Street in New York City and additional hubs in Canada, Europe, and Asia.
We value diversity and inclusion, and we are building a dynamic team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We look forward to meeting you.
Our salary for the Sr. Manager of Technical Accounting ranges between $130,000 - $150,000 annually and will align with the candidate’s experience and skill set. This position is also eligible for a variable annual bonus, based on both individual and company performance. In addition, Workfusion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Unlimited Paid Time Off and 401k (with a Company match of 100% of the first 4%)