- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Digital Health
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: cloverhealth.com
- Company Address: P.O. Box 471, Jersey City, NJ 07303
About Clover HealthClover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthy.
Clover's data science team is charged with leveraging our data—our most important asset—to generate value for our members. From building models to help physicians treat member conditions to identifying members who need specialized care, data science at Clover builds data products and insights core to our mission and differentiation as a company.
We’re looking for a Data Science Manager to help us build a revolutionary new health care company.
As a Manager, Data Science you will:
- Manage a business function that delivers significant enterprise value
- Generate high leverage solutions that deliver on the expectations of the function
- Establish an overall vision and associated roadmap for team’s work
- Keep the team unblocked, effective, and appropriately prioritized
- Hire, grow, and retain high-performing talent
- Maximize team members’ growth and impact over time
- Communicate well. Convey ideas clearly, defuse fraught situations, and keep conversations on point
- Build and maintain a team culture of trust and respect
You will love this job if you:
- You are passionate about the impact that data science can have in the healthcare space
- You have a mastery of analytical work and are driven to find applications for that work.
- You reason holistically. From project scope and priority to implementation and tooling, you will shepherd work from idea to impact
- You are comfortable acting autonomously to meet the needs of a wide range of problems
- You are fearless in the face of messy data, and can set patterns that structure those data for others to use
- You strive to automate as much as possible, yet understand the value of explicitly incorporating human decisions into the systems you build
- You are excited about growing a team, and find deep professional satisfaction in seeing that team improve and succeed
You should get in touch if you:
- You are a data scientist as well as a personnel manager or team lead with hands-on experience leading 3 or more data scientists or analysts
- Have deep data science expertise and have a well established set of heuristics to evaluate planned and executed work
- Have expertise with the data science toolkit, including SQL, python, fundamentals of computer science, and fundamentals of product management
- You have led projects and have also created the space and opportunity for other people to become leaders
- Have experience navigating competing and possibly conflicting requirements and generating clear, consistent, and valuable results
- Have an advanced degree in a quantitative field, especially dealing with complex data-driven results, or equivalent experience
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.