- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Digital Health
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: cloverhealth.com
- Company Address: P.O. Box 471, Jersey City, NJ 07303
About Clover HealthClover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's engineering team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the engineering team and culture that we are building, looking for engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth.
We are looking for someone who is experienced in site reliability and infrastructure to join our engineering team. You will start at the ground floor, taking responsibility to shape a team, processes, and norms to build out and manage Clover's technology infrastructure. You will partner with technical leads in other engineering disciplines, as well as data scientists, and technology professionals to develop and maintain a modern, scalable infrastructure platform that hosts domestic and international work loads with a variety of compute, storage, and networking needs. We're looking for someone with prior experience deploying and maintaining containerized infrastructure and workloads. Kubernetes competency is highly valued.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Build systems for declarative application and infrastructure lifecycle management: continuous deployment, continuous integration, Kubernetes cluster management, service and workload inventory.
- Prioritize and help troubleshoot problems, downtime, and alerts.
- Contribute to setting the direction for the Site Reliability Engineering team, clearly establish goals that are aligned with Clover's company-level goals.
- Foster a healthy, motivated, and inter-disciplinary culture that is the bedrock of successful teams.
Simplify the process by automating the delivery pipeline and database changes.
You will love this job if:
- You enjoy working in a fluid, collaborative environment, defining and taking ownership of priorities that add to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken and you get a sense of accomplishment from making sustainable systems. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
You want to be part of building a team that emphasizes delivery, reliability and security.
You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people and take pride in tackling hard problems in an important industry.
You should get in touch if:
- You have programming experience with at least one language such as Python, Go and Shell Script.
- You have in-depth knowledge in modern containerization technology and orchestration, such as Docker, Containerd and Kubernetes.
- You have experience in CNCF-based technologies such as Kubernetes, Helm, gRPC and Prometheus.
- You have experience in public cloud such as GCP and AWS.
- You are knowledgeable in basic networking such as TCP/IP, UDP, firewall, routing, DNS and load balancing.
- You have experience with Linux system administration and basic knowledge in Linux’s design.
- You understand the key concepts in SRE such as monitoring, performance tuning and automation.
- You are able to work autonomously without much guidance.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.