Director, Engineering at WorkFusion
At WorkFusion, we’re building software products that are changing the world and transforming the workplace, for the better. Our technology automates data intensive repetitive work so people can be freed from the mundane to pursue the meaningful, while companies can grow further and customers can be served faster and better.
WorkFusion is widely recognized as the world leader in intelligent process automation with its Intelligent Automation Cloud which combines RPA, machine learning and work analytics in one unrivaled platform that is easy to deploy and unlimited to scale. We compete in the fastest growing segment in software and are growing at record pace with customers spanning the globe. Our headquarters are in New York City (on Wall Street) with operations all over the world.
Our teams are dedicated to building and marketing AI-powered software for all business types, ranging from high growth startups to large enterprises with particular focus on banking, insurance, healthcare, retail, consumer products, energy, high-tech and transportation.
As a Director of Engineering you will be an integral part of our engineering team, providing technical leadership, mentoring, coaching, and guidance to multiple development teams. You will be working with key stakeholders from the product and business teams as well as software engineers to ensure proper delivery.
This role requires a thorough knowledge of applicable languages, advanced design principles, engineering best practices, and architectural patterns. The ideal candidate will bring strong leadership, management and technology skills, along with a history of success in high-growth companies developing enterprise software.
● Plan, direct, and coordinate engineering activities
● Ensure that product development is focused on meeting and exceeding the customer requirements
● Deliver and report on the release calendar
● Establish objectives and standards of performance for each team member, as well as metrics to determine readiness, quality and operability of software products
● Assure that department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame
● Emphasize quality and scalability of the engineering product while optimizing processes and improving product delivery cycles. Act as the champion for software readiness, quality and operability across the engineering organization and the company
● Motivate and coach direct reports, provide technical direction and guidance, complete quarterly review cycle for each direct report
● Hire and mentor new team members
● Collaborate with product teams to understand and translate requirements, ensuring specifications and architecture design meet broader technical strategic goals
● Identify and deploy software development best practices
● Forecast resource needs and assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of software engineers
● 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and minimum of 2 years hands-on technical and people management experience
● Ability to manage and motivate a diverse engineering development team to achieve excellent engineering designs meeting aggressive schedules
● Strategic thinking and ability to develop processes, tools and frameworks that help ensure effectiveness across a variety of stakeholders
● Prior experience of working on large-scale SaaS products and ability to rapidly familiarize yourself with complex products
● Ability to prioritize work load in a multitasking and a fast moving environment with positive It Can Be Done motivation skills
● Belief in building both teams and products that scale