Database Engineer at WorkFusion
Boston, MA, US
At WorkFusion, we’re building software products that are changing the world and transforming the workplace, for the better. Our technology automates data intensive repetitive work so people can be freed from the mundane to pursue the meaningful, while companies can grow further and customers can be served faster and better.
WorkFusion is widely recognized as the world leader in intelligent process automation with its Intelligent Automation Cloud which combines RPA, machine learning and work analytics in one unrivaled platform that is easy to deploy and unlimited to scale. We compete in the fastest growing segment in software and are growing at record pace with customers spanning the globe. Our headquarters are in New York City (on Wall Street) with operations all over the world.
Our teams are dedicated to building and marketing AI-powered software for all business types, ranging from high growth startups to large enterprises with particular focus on banking, insurance, healthcare, retail, consumer products, energy, high-tech and transportation.
WorkFusion is seeking a Mid-Level Database Engineer to join our Support team in the US. The Development and maintenance of our platform presents many technical challenges in the areas of large-scale data processing, enterprise grade solutions and integrations. The ideal candidate is self-driven and can work successfully in a distributed team. You should possess strong knowledge of application support issues and troubleshooting in both cloud and on-premise environments. You will be a part of the Client Support team providing support to customer installations and our own cloud-based and on-premise solutions, including HA/DR solutions. This person will be actively involved in direct communication with customers and our own product team and will help lead issues to resolution.
● Solve database optimization tasks
● Pro-active database disaster prevention
● Database tuning and optimization
● Implement legacy system migration to new DB engines
● SQL profiling
● Create operational runbooks, updating knowledge base, installation guides, learning courses and other types of documentation
● Support development teams and customers’ requests
● Dig into and troubleshoot customer issues
● Implement and successfully support Customers in their WorkFusion implementation as a part of a global support team
● Closely communicate with customers and partners during installation, support and delivery
● Troubleshoot server performance and availability issues
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar degree
● Practical skills in tuning solutions for performance
● Root cause analysis experience
● Experienced in building complex scripts, queries, and stored procedures
● Proficiency in MS SQL 2012 architecture 5+ yrs
● Experience with MySQL/PostgreSQL 3+yrs
● HA/DR configuration
Would be a plus
● Experience working at a startup or high-growth software company
● Using Python for data processing/transferring
● Understanding of Hibernate and its optimizations