Full Stack Developer at Splice Machine
Splice Machine, an AI data platform startup company, is looking for a Full Stack Developer with a good design eye to design, build, and maintain the user experience for all of our customer-facing web applications. Work from anywhere in the US.
Splice Machine modernizes applications so companies don't have to rewrite them, making them data-rich and intelligent with distributed SQL, and in-database machine learning. No matter where an enterprise is in its maturity on the AI curve, Splice Machine provides powerful starting points and a clear path to becoming an AI-powered company. The Splice Machine Operational AI Data Platform combines a SQL RDBMS, data warehouse, and ML platform in one, delivering better business outcomes faster.
At Splice Machine you'll work on solutions that matter in a culture that will inspire you to do your very best. Our distributed teams work with the latest technology and tools in an open and collaborative flexible-work environment. We offer competitive salaries, generous equity, and wellness coverage, as well as the opportunity to seize moments of inspiration from either your home office or shared workspace, anywhere in the world.
Splice Machine’s CEO/ Co-Founder, Monte Zweben, is a serial entrepreneur in AI, selling his first company, Red Pepper, to Peoplesoft/ Oracle for $225M and taking his second company Blue Martini, through one of the largest IPOs in the early 2000s ($2.9B). He started Splice Machine to disrupt the $30 billion traditional database market with the first open-source dual-engine database and predictive platform to power Big Data, AI and Machine Learning applications.
Splice Machine has recruited a team of legendary Big Data advisors including, Roger Bamford, “Father of Oracle RAC”, Michael Franklin, former Director of AMPLab at UC Berkeley, Ken Rudin, Head of Growth and Analytics for Google Search, Andy Pavlo, Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University and Ray Lane, former COO of Oracle, to collaborate with the Splice Machine team as we blaze new trails in Big Data.
Full Stack Developer
As a Full Stack Developer, you’ll be focused on backend web development, configuring, customizing, and integrating third-party applications into our Kubernetes OpsCenter.
- You enjoy working on new technology and learning how to use and configure third-party applications
- You think through feature enhancement requests, anticipate problems, and come up with solutions.
- You are a self-starter that takes the initiative to improve things and has a strong sense of ownership.
About What You’ll Work On
- Integrate Jupyter Hub, Hue, Grafana, and other third-party applications into our K8s OpsCenter stack.
- Create a RESTful API for our Cloud Manager application.
- Build the web backend for our new feature store application.
- The opportunity to go outside your normal duties and work on our blog, attend hackathons and conferences, speak at events, contribute to StackOverflow and open source development or anything else you’re interested in that can add to our community.
- Strong skills using two or more of the following; NodeJS, Golang, Python, Bash, and Postgres
- Good experience creating REST API
- Good experience developing and maintaining back end web applications
- Good experience with one or more cloud providers; GCP, AWS, and Azure and creating Docker containers
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes concepts and creating Helm Charts
- Experience with Spark and basic Hadoop concepts is preferred.
- Experience with Jupyter Hub and ML Flow is preferred.
- A “Can-do” attitude and team player who proactively shares knowledge and operates. with a strong sense of urgency to get things done well.
At Splice Machine you'll work on solutions that matter in a culture that will inspire you to do your very best. Our distributed teams work with the latest technology and tools in an open and collaborative flexible-work environment. We offer competitive salaries, generous equity, and wellness coverage, as well as the opportunity to seize moments of inspiration from either your home office or shared workspace, anywhere in the world. Splice Machine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse, anti-racist and inclusive workforce.