- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Digital Health
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: cloverhealth.com
- Company Address: P.O. Box 471, Jersey City, NJ 07303
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Clover HealthClover Health is a data driven health insurance startup driving to improve the overall state of healthcare in America. We are hiring software engineers, data scientists, designers and product folks who can help us understand our members’ wellness and steer them clear of any health risks down the road.
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare.
In 2018, Clover opened our first international office in Hong Kong as the company's software engineering hub. Leveraging Clover's proprietary machine learning models, our software engineers in Hong Kong partner with our US-based teams to build software that transforms the landscape of the healthcare industry.
We are looking for software engineers that want to solve many kinds of problems. You will work with other engineers, data scientists, and healthcare professionals building tools to improve the health of real people.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Commit to simplifying the complexities of healthcare by building systems that multiply human efforts.
- Learn about new tools and technologies to solve problems and move our goals forward.
- Help the team define and maintain development practices that let us iterate quickly while maintaining quality — including writing tests and documenting key implementations.
- Work with Product Managers and operational staff to conceptualize new features.
You will love this job if:
- You are excited by big, complicated problems and try to solve them with pragmatic, well-engineered solutions. You have a natural intellectual curiosity that drives you to find out how things work and if they can work better.
- You enjoy working in a fluid, collaborative environment, defining and owning priorities that contribute to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken and you feel a great responsibility to make sustainable systems. You are eager to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people and have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry.
You should get in touch if:
- You have experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- You approach building and maintaining systems with maturity and rigor.
- You are able to work in different technical systems and concerns.
- You have both built and refactored complex (often distributed) systems.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.