Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our complex care programs are designed to improve care and outcomes for our most medically complex members. Clover wants to take accountability for these members' healthcare journeys and provide high-quality personalized care that is consistent with members' values and preferences
As a Medical Assistant for In Home Care you will assist:
- Assist the Nurse Practitioner in conducting health assessments (Clover Care Visits) on enrolled Medicare Advantage members.
- Assist the Nurse Practitioner Post-hospitalization transitional care visits in members’ homes as part of Clover’s Readmission Prevention Program.
- Assist supportive care visits as part of Clover’s Supportive Care Program that engages members with limited life expectancy.
- Ensure that the visits align with our program goals, including accurate documentation of member risk.
- Provide care that is compassionate, timely, evidence-based, and improves outcomes.
- Interact directly with the patient during the in-home visit, including but not limited to:
- Collecting and documenting demographic information, care preference information, medication-related information, environmental information, vital signs, and other information as directed by the NP.
- Independently perform point of care tests in the home including obtaining urine samples, fingerstick, etc. based on gaps in care
- Communicate in-home test findings to NP for interpretation and escalate abnormalities in real-time to allow for timely intervention
- Reviewing required consent forms with the patient and obtain the patient signatures on required consent forms during the initial, and if necessary, subsequent in-home visits.
- Translating for the patient, caregiver, family members, and/or NP
- Communicate with the member’s support team answering frequently asked questions in English or Spanish as needed.
- Maintain medical supplies for home visits.
- Conduct follow-up phone calls to members regarding point-of-care testing reminders, making and attending referral appointments, etc.
- Remain with the Nurse Practitioner at all times during each visit.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and self-improvement.
- Attend and participate in regular, ongoing interdisciplinary meetings and trainings both in person and remotely.
- Physical Demands – ability to perform tasks involving standing, walking, lifting, climbing at least 3 flights of stairs, moderate physical effort, maneuvering patients, occasionally must reach above head and carry up to 50 lbs of equipment
- Work Environment/Hazards – exposure to communicable diseases, blood and blood products, illness, sharp instruments and needles, and electricity when in clinical areas. Ability to work in the member's home and office setting as needed. Ability to travel various distances to member’s homes.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about helping others and being a patient, positive, and collaborative leader.
- You love clinical care with the goal of providing the best outcomes for older and frail patients.
- You are humble and understand that as a manager of people, you are there to serve and support others
- You can distill the needs of your patients and team members down to actionable improvements that can be made in Clover's product or procedures. And, you can do it while fiercely protecting the privacy and rights of our customers.
- You are nimble, and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity and speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
You should get in touch if:
- Medical Assistant certification from accredited program, required
- High School Graduate/GED/Equivalent Work or Vocational/Technical School/Diploma, required. Associate Degree preferred
- 2-3 years related work experience in the home, required. 3-5 years related work experience, preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or within 30 days of hire, required
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Spanish, both orally and in writing, required
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks in a timely manner, required
- Basic proficiency in computer use, required; EMR experience, eClinicalWorks preferred
- Ability to commute to satellite offices as needed, required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with members and colleagues alike
- Valid New Jersey driver's license required
- Proficient in taking vital signs, drawing blood, updating medical records, preparing members for exams, doing basic laboratory work and facilitating treatment
- You are comfortable walking up at least 3 flights of stairs and carrying up to 40 lbs of equipment, as some residences may not have elevators.
- You are comfortable working with members of diverse social, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.