Integrations Engineer at Retention Science
Santa Monica, CA, US
As a Integrations Engineer, you’ll be leading ReSci's efforts in building scalable integrations that ingest data from and export data to third party systems. You will get to work across multiple microservices written in Python, Scala, and Ruby, using technologies such as Docker, AWS Batch, Postgres, Redis, serverless, and more. You will be a driving force in expanding ReSci's integrations partnerships, and will manage a distributed architecture that scales to support hundreds of integrations running concurrently across our infrastructure. Your integrations will bring in data to power Cortex, our core product -- an AI marketing platform that makes over three billion machine learning predictions daily, across over 350 million users, to automate marketing campaigns for some of the biggest and well-known brands on the planet.
We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about writing clean, well-tested code. You are highly driven, gritty, and scrappy when you need to be. You want to learn. You know how to balance trade-offs to move quickly, yet still create robust, maintainable code. You enjoy maintaining a high standard and discussing code quality, design patterns, and participating in design discussions with peers. You are efficient and self-motivated and know how to ship.
In addition to having meaningful responsibilities and influence on our product design and decisions, you will also receive comprehensive exposure to all aspects of our business and power AI marketing for some of the biggest e-commerce brands. The code and ideas that you contribute will have a tangible impact on the team, company, and marketing-tech industry as a whole.
What You'll Do
- Work in a small team, collaborating with product management, client success, and other engineering teams to understand data flow and architect third party integrations
- Lead development efforts of new integrations including integrating with batch API endpoints and real-time webhooks
- Architect and scale out our ETL framework to support hundreds of clients with multiple integrations
- Manage and implement scalable monitoring and escalation strategies across our systems
- Contribute to open-source software (we leverage many open-source tools and ETL libraries)
- Act as a technical architect, elegantly separating domain models to ensure partner complexity doesn't leak into our app
- Invest in infrastructure that ensures our small team can efficiently manage hundreds of integrations
- 3+ years software engineering experience
- Experience in designing and implementing scalable applications/microservices
- Experience creating robust RESTful APIs
- Emphasis on clean, well-designed code
- Deep understanding of Postgres, MySQL, and other relational databases
- Experience working with large datasets/databases and scaling memory-intensive applications
- Know how to design for failure
- Gritty mentality with a focus on shipping
- Process-oriented executor; you can manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize effectively
- Startup work experience a major plus!
ReSci's mission is to make artificial intelligence accessible and usable for brands.
Inspire with passion
Persevere with determination
Collaborate with unity
Grow without bounds
Create with impact
Lead with character
Based out of Santa Monica, CA, our team consists of serial entrepreneurs who have all made Retention Science a leader in AI marketing. Our SaaS platform, “Cortex” helps online businesses target, engage, and retain customers. The Cortex marketing platform uses machine-learning algorithms to predict customer behavior by analyzing massive sets of demographic, social, and behavioral data to generate 1-to-1 retention campaigns personalized to each customer. Cortex makes 3.5+ billion predictions per day and processes 5k+ events per second.
Our founders have been recognized as the Ernst & Young Entrepreneurs of the Year, and our company was awarded Top 10 Big Data Startup of the Year by CRN, one of Fast Company's Innovation Agents, Top 10 Software Company in Southern California from SocalTech, and identified by Inc. Magazine as one of the most innovative startups. Retention Science has also been featured in Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch, Bloomberg, and Reuters, among other notable publications. In addition, the most prestigious startup accelerator in LA (part of the TechStar Network), as well as many reputable angel investors and Venture Capital firms have provided their support and backing for our business.
We're passionate about what we do and we put our people first! We are a close-knit family whose members drink too much coffee, work hard, and never cease to brainstorm creative new ways to improve our solutions. We foster a dynamic and exciting start-up environment that is conducive for innovative thought; join us if you are interested in working with our world-class team!