Kabbage is blazing a trail in big data & fintech and we are looking for a Risk Analyst to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. While we've received numerous awards and recognition—such as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, GlassDoor’s Best Places to Work, and Forbes FinTech 50—it is our people, our culture, and our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
You will have the opportunity to work on the most challenging and impactful projects in the Risk space, help drive and implement key strategic and tactical initiatives, demonstrating high standards of teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
What you'll be doing:
- Create automated risk decision strategies as well as data-driven fraud mitigation strategies for all Kabbage products, including Lending, Payments, Checking, etc.
- Leverage customer data and transactional unstructured data to build risk segmentation and mitigation strategies.
- Prepare, review, and analyze the credit-worthiness of commercial loan originations and renewals.
- Build necessary reporting to track the effectiveness of Risk strategies and decision tools.
- Work closely with Engineering teams to drive the availability of relevant data, tools, and infrastructure and continue to enhance automated underwriting capability.
What you should have:
- Minimum 3+ years of credit related experience or 7+ years analysis and data mining experience, preferably in a risk management context.
- Knowledge of lending and credit risk management practices in the United States: business loans, credit cards, personal loans, mortgages, etc.
- Strong coding skills in SQL.
- Hands-on experience with either SAS, R, or Python.
- Ability to think logically, critically, and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings and propose solutions that address expressed needs
- Exposure to statistical concepts.
- Familiarity in AWS/Data Bricks/Athena
What we're looking for in you:
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it; exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority last minute requests and other high stress situations; works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Communication: Communicates information, ideas, and concepts clearly.
- Organization/Planning: Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner/ Focuses on key priorities and manages time well.