Technical Lead, Delivery Engineering at WorkFusion
New York City, NY, US
At WorkFusion, we’re building software products that are changing the world and transforming the workplace, for the better. Our technology automates data intensive repetitive work so people can be freed from the mundane to pursue the meaningful, while companies can grow further and customers can be served faster and better.
WorkFusion is widely recognized as the world leader in intelligent process automation with its Intelligent Automation Cloud which combines RPA, machine learning and work analytics in one unrivaled platform that is easy to deploy and unlimited to scale. We compete in the fastest growing segment in software and are growing at record pace with customers spanning the globe. Our headquarters are in New York City (on Wall Street) with operations all over the world.
Our teams are dedicated to building and marketing AI-powered software for all business types, ranging from high growth startups to large enterprises with particular focus on banking, insurance, healthcare, retail, consumer products, energy, high-tech and transportation.
The ideal candidate should have a balanced mix between programming/technical skills, solution design and presentation skills. This is a dynamic role which involves strong leadership of Delivery Engineering team along with implementation of Automation solutions using WorkFusion platform. Design and implementation of ML-driven Business Processes and robots might involve many technical challenges in the areas of machine learning, large-scale data processing, as well as satisfying complex business rules. On this role you will collaborate with customers, internal partners and leadership to ensure project and program goals are met on time and in budget.
● Play a key role in the design and development of Intelligent Automation solutions using WorkFusion Platform capabilities (ML, RPA, scripting, workflow orchestration, API integrations, etc.) to drive digital transformation projects
● Provide expertise in key aspects of software engineering such as architecture, security, scalability, performance, and usability
● Research new technologies and develop prototypes, POCs, and MVPs
● Interact with clients and partners -- Lead brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions, demonstrate results to executive stakeholders, transfer knowledge and product support to client development teams
● Help grow the Engineering practice within WorkFusion through mentoring and leading members of the practice in the field of software engineering — developing talent, providing direction, promoting Agile principles, and overseeing output and projects
● Assisting with business development through writing proposals, scoping projects
● Lead small to mid-size projects as a hands-on Technical Lead: Establishing a sustainable pace for team's work, maintaining pipeline of products and projects, ensuring on-time delivery of product and projects, partnering with Product, Design, and Data teams, and providing weekly status reports to client team
● This position might involve business trips (outside of COVID-19 timeframe). The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects
Successful Lead Engineers at WorkFusion Possess:
● A bachelors degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
● Expert in Java and Java-based frameworks with 6+ years of professional software development experience
● Strong understanding of technical project leadership, with specific focus on systems thinking and Agile methods and principles
● Proven success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
● Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done"
● Experience leading groups of engineers, evaluating performance, and providing feedback
● Experience working with both technical and non-technical colleagues in a cross-functional, interdisciplinary environment, including strong written and verbal communication skills
● Experience working with relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
● Excellent knowledge in Design Patterns
● Experience working with Unix/Linux systems
Additional Desired Competencies:
● A Masters degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
● Experience with scripting and object-oriented languages, e.g. Groovy, Python
● Understanding of web services and message formats such as JSON, XML
● Knowledge of core ML/AI principles and technologies
● Experience with distributed systems and big data
Nice to have:
● A link to your portfolio/Git repository that demonstrates your affinity for software engineering and shows how you approach digital challenges
We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.