Podcast Producer Intern "Debunking the Mysteries of Machine Learning" at Splice Machine
United States of America
INTERNSHIP: Podcast Producer for Show "Debunking the Mysteries of Machine Learning"
Monte Zweben is recognized as one of the top AI/ ML thought leaders in the world. Over the last year he has been hosting webinars with other thought leaders in the Big Data, AI, and Machine Learning community. Due to popular demand, his team would like to productize these conversations and make them available to a broader audience through podcasts.
The Producer will work closely with Monte and Splice Machine’s marketing team to create original short-form audio content that will be used on Splice Machine’s website, posted on YouTube, used in marketing content and hosted on podcast-friendly AI/ML channels. The ideal candidate for this role is collaborative and curious, has a basic understanding of AI, Machine Learning and Data Science and experience developing podcasts, YouTube videos and other audio/ video media content.
- You have a good fundamental understanding of AI, Machine Learning and Data Science,
- You know what makes a good story and how to identify themes.
- You are articulate and capture people’s attention with your enthusiasm and thought-provoking perspectives.
- You love meeting brilliant people and will do what it takes to start a conversation with them.
- Once you have their attention, you won’t take “no” for an answer.
- You are independent and organized enough to tackle projects on your own, yet enjoy working as a team.
- You lead by example through the quality of your work, flexibility, direct communication style, and commitment to completing projects on time.
About What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead “Debunking Machine Learning Mysteries” podcast production.
- Create pitch lists of people doing interesting things in the ML and Data Science world to Monte and the team.
- Book the talent and create show content including a list of questions for each guest per show.
- Prepare the guest and Monte before the day of recording.
- Lead recording of podcast. If you can, drive post-production. If this is new to you, we’ll find you some post-production assistance.
- Passionate about AI, Machine Learning and Data Science
- Ability to engage high profile thought leaders in AI, Machine Learning and Data Science
- Some YouTube or Podcast or other audio production experience.
- Strong understanding of journalistic ethics and principles.
- Knowledge of sound design and music mixing as used to create and enhance the storytelling experience preferred.
- Experience editing audio, preferably in ProTools or comparable audio software preferred.
- Experience editing video, preferably in Adobe Premiere or comparable video editing software preferred.
- Strong digital fluency with collaboration, asset management, and conferencing software, including Google Suite and Zoom.
- Interest and ability in learning new tools and software in managing production workflows.
- Able to successfully incorporate feedback and manage multiple points of view.
- Able to manage your time wisely, responding to tight deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.