Senior Database Engineer at WorkFusion
At WorkFusion, we’re building software products that are changing the world and transforming the workplace, for the better. Our technology automates data intensive repetitive work so people can be freed from the mundane to pursue the meaningful, while companies can grow further and customers can be served faster and better.
WorkFusion is widely recognized as the world leader in intelligent process automation with its Intelligent Automation Cloud which combines RPA, machine learning and work analytics in one unrivaled platform that is easy to deploy and unlimited to scale. We compete in the fastest growing segment in software and are growing at record pace with customers spanning the globe. Our headquarters are in New York City (on Wall Street) with operations all over the world.
Our teams are dedicated to building and marketing AI-powered software for all business types, ranging from high growth startups to large enterprises with particular focus on banking, insurance, healthcare, retail, consumer products, energy, high-tech and transportation.
WorkFusion is seeking a Senior Database Engineer to join our Product team in Minsk. The position will involve applying practical skills to improve and maintain business process and machine learning platform.
You will be working on next generation data infrastructure, supporting new functionalities on existing platform, creating prototypes and proof of concepts for the selected solutions. Developing our platform presents many technical challenges in the areas of business process modeling, large-scale data processing and enterprise grade solutions and integrations.
Despite the code a WorkFusion developer is also contributing to training materials, taking full responsibility for features and communicating with users and stakeholders. Continuous improvement is the unavoidable part of company culture.
● Support development teams and customers’ requests
● Refactor existing solutions to optimize storage schemas and data flows
● Write efficient SQL code for MS SQL
● Develop migration and stored procedures
● Design and implement legacy system migration to new DB engines
● Bug fixing and SQL profiling
● Maintain database servers in cooperation with IT Ops
● Tune database performance and configuration
● Create documentation and learning courses
● Expert in OLTP/DWH concepts with 5+ years of production experience
● Strong skills in SQL
● Deep understanding of PostgreSQL 9.5+/MS SQL 2012+ architecture
● Good knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
● Experience in designing complex components from scratch
● Practical skills in tuning solutions to improve performance
● English writing B1+, speaking A2+
● Understanding of Solution architecture principles, code quality best practices, design patterns
● Troubleshooting and root cause analysis experience
Would be a plus
● Experience with MySQL/PostgreSQL
● Using Python to data processing/transferring
● Familiarity with Hibernate
● Smartest people in the industry and the most interesting product on Belarusian market
● Comfortable working environment and ample workspace in a modern separate office building with a private parking lot
● Competitive salary
● Comprehensive social benefits package, including:
o Health insurance covering all the best med centers for you and your family
o Sport expenses compensation
o Fresh fruit in the office
o Professional and English trainings
o Team activities
o 100% paid sick leave and 25-day paid vacation