Kabbage is blazing a trail in big data and FinTech and we are looking for an Android Engineer to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. While we've received numerous awards and recognition—such as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, and Forbes FinTech 50—it is our people, our culture, and our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Create a best-in-class user experience to the Kabbage Android app using Android best practices and modern tools. Follow Google’s material design standards to create elegant Android user experiences. Continuously learn and apply the latest techniques and ideas from the Android developer community.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to customize the Kabbage experience for the Android platform.
- Apply Google’s material design standards to develop elegant Android user interfaces using Kotlin and the latest Android programming techniques.
- Build reusable Android components for interfacing with the Kabbage platform.
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance.
- Write unit tests using JUnit and Mockito and UI tests using Espresso.
- Develop in a rapid and agile development environment with frequent deliveries.
What we're looking for in you:
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems; open to new ways of doing things.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work; has a can-do attitude. Someone who doesn't believe a feature is fully shipped until it's fast and reliable.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do; brings new ideas to the company.
- Initiative: Actively finds ways to make improvements at work.
- Learning: A desire to learn and a commitment to ongoing development.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Communication: Communicates information, ideas, and concepts clearly.
What you should have:
- Experience with native Android SDK development using Java or other JVM languages, especially Kotlin.
- Understanding of object oriented AND functional programming design patterns and best practices, including dependency injection, SOLID principles, and UI architecture patterns (MVP, MVVM, MVC, etc.).
- Understanding of material design and the associated best practices for Android UI/UX.
- Understanding of best practices for multithreading on Android.
- Understand test-driven development and how to write unit tests.
- Experience with RxJava.
- Experience with dependency injection, especially Dagger 2.
- Experience writing UI tests using Espresso.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools.
- Contribution to an open source project (be it code, documentation, advocacy, etc.)
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-key individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.