Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data and FinTech and we are looking for a Chief Risk Officer to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. Fully automated and deeply connected with its 200,000+ customers, Kabbage provides access to funding in minutes, extends more than $10 million every day to small businesses, and powers borrowing experiences for some of the largest companies in the world. While we've received numerous awards and recognition—such as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, GlassDoor’s Best Places to Work, and Forbes FinTech 50—it is our people, our culture, and our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
At Kabbage, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is reflected in our people, our partners, and our customers. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
As our Chief Risk Officer, you’ll lead and deliver insights into credit risk exposures and risk attribution by further developing and maintaining our credit portfolio model.
Realizing our goals will require a comprehensive risk methodology and analytics, a strong portfolio risk analysis capability, multi-product risk assessment, and effective governance and reporting of exposures against defined appetite and limits.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a comprehensive and tailored risk monitoring and control platform.
- Formulate and implement credit risk models.
- Augment portfolio risk capability with a focus on customer level segmentation, data & database structures, and customer insights.
- Optimize portfolio profitability by leveraging Kabbage’s databases to boost product penetration and minimize risk/loss exposure.
- Develop, monitor and maintain portfolio risk strategies/policies that maximize business benefits whilst minimizing risk exposure.
- Discern, realize, and apply actions to mitigate identified risks.
- Improve risk and yield measurement metrics to facilitate return optimization.
- Assess the influence of internal credit policies and external industry trends on credit performance.
- Provide proactive insights into trends, issues, threats and opportunities to key stakeholders.
- Monitor closely the market movements and portfolio risk.
- Prepare comprehensive reviews of portfolio performance.
What we're looking for in you:
- 12+ years in credit risk management and loss forecast experience.
- Experience working closely with a number of cross-functional teams including (but not limited to): Data Science, Strategy, Product, Marketing, Sales and Legal.
- Deep understanding of statistical and AI models.
- Experience in SMB lending is an added advantage.
- Multi-product exposure management preferred.
What you should have:
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture; determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive data analysis of current and future trends.
- Collaboration & Influence: Ability to successfully influence and bring together internal and external stakeholders to achieve shared goals.
- Leadership: Ability to build and manage high performing teams.
- Excellent communication: Adept at distilling complex ideas, ability to inspire and advocate for a team and projects.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and change
- Initiative: Actively finds ways to make improvements at work
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, we think our people are awesome, so we created the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are proactive, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find humble individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law