What3words helps everyone talk about everywhere by giving every location on Earth a simple 3 word address. We’re looking for a Junior Product Designer to join our growing Product team, where you’ll work closely with Engineers and Product Managers to design products that are simple but great for the user, focusing on interaction, understanding and visual design.
You will be working in our Product Design team alongside one of our talented Senior Product Designers, to shape great products that help customers understand and use what3words in their daily lives. You will be able to get involved in both UX and UI tasks, including developing storyboards and information architecture, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas, as well as playing an active role in the feedback and iteration cycle. You will participate in user testing to gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
We are looking for a critical thinker with an excellent visual and interaction design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge and clean visual design sense.
- Balancing user needs against business objectives and constraints.
- Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment, both static and animated, using Sketch, InVision and Principle
- Extensive experience in designing compelling and quality interfaces
- Understanding and experience with User Centred Design Methodologies (UCD)
- Should be self-motivated, highly organised, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices
- Knowledge of design system principles, in particular atomic design
- Prior experience working within a technical environment
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages
- Familiarity with the agile software development process
- Like maps and location based services (we love maps)
- Enjoy learning new skills through training individually and with the team
You will have:
- Excellent communication skills with fluent spoken and written English-
- The ability to talk to techies and non-techies in suitable language-
- The ability to work both independently and with others
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment