What3worlds helps everyone talk about everywhere by giving every location on Earth a simple 3 word address. We’re looking for a talented UX Designer to join our growing Product team, where you’ll work closely with Engineers and Product Managers design products that are simple but great for the user, focusing on interaction, understanding and visual design.
You will develop storyboards and wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas, as well as playing an active lead role in the feedback and iteration cycle. You will participate in user testing to gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
We are looking for a critical thinker with an excellent visual and interaction design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Track-record of providing Mid-weight to Senior UX Design services on substantial projects, both web and mobile app based
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups, taking on feedback and helping them articulate their business needs into changes that can be quickly implemented
- Balancing user needs against business objectives and constraints.
- Hands on experience working with user researchers to turn findings into design improvements
- Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment, both static and animated, using Sketch, InVision and Principle
- Define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features, and make constructive suggestions for change based on usability.
- Ensure that the design vision is executed correctly during the development process
- Extensive experience in designing compelling and quality interfaces
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge and clean visual design sense
- Understanding and experience with User Centred Design Methodologies (UCD)
- Should be self-motivated, highly organised, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices a plus
- Prior experience working within a technical environment is a plus
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages is a plus
- Familiarity with the agile software development process is a plus
- Like maps and location based services and know what a GIS is (we love maps)
- Enjoy learning new skills through training individually and with the team