We are building a local team and looking for an outstanding Business Development leader to manage the rollout of what3words in Saudi Arabia.
About the role
You will hold overall responsibility for the success of the in-country team, reporting to the London office but based in Saudi Arabia. Your role will involve sales, business development and account management, especially for our key local and regional partners. You will work with the local marketing manager, partnerships/business development manager and a local marketing agency, as well as the team based in the London HQ.
Joining our growing business development team, you will drive forward and forge key relationships for what3words in the Saudi market. You will be expected to take on strategic responsibility within your first two months, thinking creatively about how to grow our business and acting fast to make it happen.
You will be:
- charismatic and able to lead a team confidently
- data-driven and motivated by challenging targets
- highly tech-savvy, with an excellent understanding of the technology behind what3words
- ambitious, with a desire to make an impact on the international stage in this fast-growing startup
- excellent at convincing people to get things done
- willing to work on all aspects of the business, from high-level meetings to day-to-day administration
- a natural relationship builder
- commercially-minded and committed to global social change through business
- competent at managing a small team, and an exceptional project manager
- able to communicate the technical aspects of our business with authority
- imaginative in how you find new clients, and rigorous and determined in converting those relationships into long-term engagements
- able to understand clients’ pain points quickly and match those to the solutions we can provide.
You will have:
- 5-10 years of experience, preferably having held a leadership or management role
- fluent written and spoken English
- an incredibly sharp mind, with the academic or work history to prove it
- education to degree level, or equivalent
- networks and contacts in Saudi Arabia from the private and/or public sector
Extra points if you
- have lived or worked abroad
- speak multiple languages
- have written code or built apps/websites
- have experience in public speaking and/or media / press interviews
- can show us examples of deals you have closed or high-value clients you have brought on board