Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Accounting team at Clover is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health, its departments and business activities. The team coordinates and directs all financial transactions recorded in the accounting system and supports Company goals and initiatives by being service oriented relative to the financial needs of all departments while assuring that all transactions adhere to company policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and relevant authoritative guidance.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join our Accounting team as a Senior Accounting Manager. The Senior Accounting Manager will be assigned a wide variety of tasks, including general accounting associated with the monthly, quarterly and year-end closings, and financial reporting of results and analysis. This individual will exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical principles and must be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
As a Senior Accounting Manager, you will:
- Oversee various accounting and treasury functions including internal and external financial reporting, cash management, investment oversight, and cash forecasting.
- Direct the monthly accounting close process including the accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s financials in accordance with US GAAP, regulatory guidelines, and Company policy and procedures.
- Review of financial statements, account reconciliations, and journal entries as recorded by the accounting department. Analyze company-wide accounts for adjustments and reconciliation to third-party reports.
- Research and resolve all significant accounting matters that may arise, including new rule adoption projects. Prepare technical memos and be the internal expert to advise on accounting impacts for the business.
- Manage ad-hoc reporting for executive management. Identify trends or anomalies and escalate to senior management. Evaluate available company data to determine additional meaningful reporting opportunities to assist and further the business activities.
- Hire and develop a team of best-in-class accounting professionals. Train, mentor, and evaluate performance to ensure quality of service and technical expertise.
- Be an accounting strategic business partner by developing deep relationships across Clover and creating, maintaining, and communicating financial policies.
- Act as the main contact for all external auditors as it relates to US GAAP compliance, statutory requirements, and governmental regulations.
- Lead system administration for financial reporting software and corporate general ledger.
- Maintain and improve upon current accounting infrastructure and procedures to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures.
- Assist with special projects including acquisitions, debt offerings, and other special transactions.
- Plan and implement appropriate controls adequate for a private company and ultimately public company status.
- Design and implement workflow enhancements, automation and data sharing across the organization for optimal efficiency.
- Review and update pertinent accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage and perform special projects and implementations as directed by management.
You will love this job if:
- You are excited to lead complex projects which require influence and implementation across functional teams.
- You have the ability to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You have demonstrated strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity - with a proven ability to manage significant initiatives across organizations and across geographies.
- You enjoy being hands-on with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the Company.
- You are proactive, assertive, and creative when approaching problems.
- You are team-oriented and flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- You have demonstrated experience leading and developing a team responsible for reporting and general ledger within a financial organization.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a minimum of 7+ years of accounting and management experience, including previous Medicare Advantage experience.
- You have a B.A/B.S in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- You have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google suite. Experience with Intacct or similar financial management software preferred.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- CPA or CMA required.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.