Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data and FinTech and we are looking for a Decision Analyst – Data Science to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory. Kabbage is more than a lender for small businesses; our data and technology platform is now being used as a fully branded product by other lenders, and our products are growing rapidly. We’ve received numerous awards & recognition, including Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work, “36th fastest growing company in the US” on the INC 500 List, Fast Company’s "Top 10 most innovative companies in finance" and Forbes' "America’s Top 100 Most Promising Companies" among others.
As a analyst in the Data Science team, you will have the opportunity to work on important initiatives from start to finish impacting decision making across business verticals. The role includes adoption of best practices in lending data science and getting adept with the latest developments in statistical modeling, optimization techniques and machine learning methods.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with multiple, complex data sources at large scale
- Utilize big data and machine learning to build predictive models including but not limited to credit risk, fraud, and marketing
- Work in Collaboration across business verticals to develop new use cases and be a part of the business expansion in new directions
- Collaborate with Engineering to design the optimal data architecture for a new scale platform
- Perform thorough testing and validation of models and support various aspects of the business with data analytics
- Design, build, implement and test machine learning models and ship deployment ready versions into production
- Build frameworks to test various risk, marketing strategies and portfolio optimization.
What you should have:
- 3+ years of experience as a data scientist, with a background (Masters preferred) in machine learning, statistics, bioinformatics, signal processing or related field
- Ability to communicate quantitative and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strong background/experience with data mining, statistical analysis, data processing with very large amounts of data
- Knowledge in R/ Python/SQL mandatory
- Strong business acumen and ability to see the impacts of data and usability of data at a very high level
What we're looking for in you:
- You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea.
- You know how to move data around, from a database or an API, through a transformation or two, a model and into human-readable form (ROC curve, Excel chart, map, d3 visualization, Tableau, etc.).
- You probably know Python, Java, R, Storm, Julia, SQL, Matlab, Mahout, or think everything can be done in a Perl one-liner.
- You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. Expect to tell us what you’ve shipped and what’s flopped.
- Big, undefined problems and petabytes don't frighten you.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-ego individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.