Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data and FinTech and we are looking for a Head of Development - Bangalore to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.Kabbage is more than a lender for small businesses; our data and technology platform is now being used as a fully branded product by other lenders, and our products are growing rapidly. We’ve received numerous awards & recognition, including Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work, “36th fastest growing company in the US” on the INC 500 List, Fast Company’s "Top 10 most innovative companies in finance" and Forbes' "America’s Top 100 Most Promising Companies" among others.
Lead multiple software teams that are developing the Kabbage platform, ensuring productivity and quality work of the developments teams. Collaborate with Kabbage stakeholders to design and execute solutions for the Kabbage business. Lead, manage, scale and build a team of top notch performers.
What you'll be doing:
- Understand, analyze, and resolve issues that impact development success including development processes, staffing, technical strategies, and solutions.
- Provide guidance to all levels of staff in software development. Evangelize that even though we have multiple teams within Software Development, we are “one team” and all communication and actions must represent that.
- Execute strategy decisions, process changes, business initiatives, daily execution disciplines, management and measure of metrics and KPIs to drive productivity and quality.
- Be seen as a subject matter expert at Kabbage in terms of our technology stack, our process, and the Kabbage business.
- Communicate and present to all Kabbage stakeholders with business-first and technically competent solutions.
- Manage the Engineering teams in Bangalore , owning people and performance management.
What you should have:
- 13+ years progressive management experience in a software development environment.
- 7+ years progressive experience leading multiple teams of developers.
- Ability to understand, manage, and evolve complex enterprise solutions involving multiple systems, languages, frameworks, databases, and integrations.
- Experience in architectural patterns of a large high-scale web applications with scalability, resiliency, and security in the forefront.
- Has implemented and guided development organizations to implement best practices such as agile development, reusability, automated testing, and DevOps.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
What we're looking for in you:
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work; has a can-do attitude.
- Organization and Planning: Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; focuses on key priorities; manages time well
- Intelligence: Learns quickly, demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it; exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights
- Problem Solving: Provides practical solutions to problems
- Initiative: Actively finds ways to make improvements at work
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way; determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends
- Ability to develop people: Coaches peoples in their current roles to improve performance, and prepares them for future roles
- Team Builder: Bringing people together to work effectively
- Collaboration: Working well with a range of people from across the business
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchens.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-ego individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.