Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data and FinTech, and we are looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join our software team as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is more than a lender for small businesses; our data and technology platform is now being used as a fully branded product by other lenders, and our products are expanding. We've received numerous awards & recognition, including Glassdoor's 2017 Best Places to Work, "36th fastest growing company in the US" on the INC 500 List, Fast Company's "Top 10 most innovative companies in finance" and Forbes' "America's Top 100 Most Promising Companies" among others.
Ensure the release of high quality code at a rapid pace in a CI/CD environment. Streamline existing testing tools and processes and create new ones. Ensure new features meet the requirements.
What you'll be doing:
- Translate user stories and requirements to test cases.
- Build automated UI and API tests using Selenium.
- Develop custom testing tools.
- Investigate test failures and assist engineers in finding root causes.
- Assist the release management team with regression testing.
What you should have:
- Experience with object oriented programming design and principles.
- Experience testing web applications, APIs, and SQL databases.
- Familiarity with tooling IDEs similar to Visual Studio, Eclipse, Intellij, etc.
- UI and integration testing using Selenium.
- Prior experience as a software engineer.
What we're looking for in you:
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it; exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Communication: Communicates information, ideas, and concepts clearly.
- Learning: A desire to learn and a commitment to ongoing development.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Assertiveness: Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Persuasion: Able to convince other to pursue a course of action.
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Initiative: Actively finds ways to make improvements at work.
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do; brings new ideas to the company.
- Calm Under Pressure/Resilience: maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress; remains composed and productive under pressure/stress.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Openness to criticism and ideas: Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-key individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.