Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data and FinTech and we are looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.Kabbage is more than a lender for small businesses; our data and technology platform is now being used as a fully branded product by other lenders, and our products are growing rapidly. We’ve received numerous awards & recognition, including Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work, “36th fastest growing company in the US” on the INC 500 List, Fast Company’s "Top 10 most innovative companies in finance" and Forbes' "America’s Top 100 Most Promising Companies" among others.
Translate user stories and requirements into test cases in collaboration with engineers and stakeholders. Build automation test suites to ensure all requirements are complete.
What you'll be doing:
As a Software Engineer in Test you will have the opportunity to work on important initiatives from start to finish with a variety of teams. Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Creating test cases for user stories and requirements in collaboration with engineering and strategy teams.
- Building automated test suites using Selenium and Protractor.
- Building and improving custom testing tools to make QA tasks easier (for example, tools to test APIs).
- Collaborating with engineers to investigate test failures and assist in finding root causes.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Testing
- UI and Integration testing experience using Selenium and Protractor.
- Experience testing APIs, such as with Postman.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming (C#, Java, TypeScript).
- Ability to write simple SQL queries including various types of joins.
What we're looking for in you:
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- High Standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems; open to new ways of doing things
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and condition scopes effectively with complexity and change
- Communication: Communicates information, ideas, and concepts clearly
- Assertiveness: Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantage our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-ego individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.