Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data and FinTech, and we are looking for a Senior Data Science Modeler to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory. As we offer the only fully automated, online lending platform designed to support continuous customer data monitoring, Data Science is one of the pillars of Kabbage's persistent innovation and sets the standard for automated lending.
Kabbage is more than a lender for small businesses; our data and technology platform is now being used as a fully branded product by other lenders, and our products are growing rapidly. We've received numerous awards and recognition, including Glassdoor's 2017 Best Places to Work, "36th fastest growing company in the US" on the INC 500 List, Fast Company's "Top 10 most innovative companies in finance" and Forbes' "America's Top 100 Most Promising Companies" among others.
Develop algorithms that leverage multiple data sources to guide (amongst other things) our underwriting process, credit risk assessment, marketing efforts, fraud identification, etc. Leverage machine learning and NLP to gain a strong understanding of our customers' underlying business and financial health, use that information to make smarter lending decisions, and help small businesses access and deploy capital more effectively.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with multiple, complex data sources such as financial transactions, credit bureau reports, social media behavior, and e-commerce data at large scale to build predictive models including (but not limited to) credit risk, fraud, marketing response and propensity.
- Perform thorough testing and validation of models, and support various aspects of the business with data analytics and build frameworks to test various risk strategies and portfolio optimization.
- Design, build, implement, and test machine learning models, and ship deployment-ready versions into production.
- Identify new data sources/patterns that add significant lift to predictive modeling capabilities.
- Develop innovative solutions to hard machine learning problems such as sample selection bias, and semi-supervised learning.
What we're looking for in you:
- Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand. You have an aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to share findings with a large, non-technical audience.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project. You're a perfectionist who tempers perfection with deadlines.
- Creativity: Able to think about traditional questions in a creative way to find new solutions given new data or circumstances.
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
What you should have:
- 5+ years data science or 3 years DS/MLE with software engineering experiencing.
- Ability to convert a loosely defined or abstract problems and formulate a framework/solution that can be solved with data and tools available.
- Ability to understand business domain problems, translate a business problem to a relevant data science problem.
- Past experience leading a small technical team.
- Specialized experience with Deep Learning or Natural Language Processing.
- Fluency in big data platforms such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, or Spark.
- Experience with text mining and statistical language processing.
- Relevant industry experience is a big plus.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low ego individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.