Kabbage is blazing a trail in big data & fintech and we are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is more than a lender for small businesses; our data and technology platform is now being used as a fully branded product by other lenders, and our products are expanding. We've received numerous awards & recognition, including Glassdoor's 2017 Best Places to Work, "36th fastest growing company in the US" on the INC 500 List, Fast Company's "Top 10 most innovative companies in finance" and Forbes' "America's Top 100 Most Promising Companies" among others.
We are looking for a senior UX/UI designer with a strong background in responsive design, problem solving and prototyping that can design beautiful, mobile-first experiences for the web. As a senior designer on a small passionate team, you will take complete ownership of the products you work on.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, both internal and external, to create new products from the ground up and bring these to life with clickable demos containing rich interactions, multiple states and roles
- Actively contribute to product strategy and work across different teams such as brand, marketing, and business strategy to create the best mobile-first experiences for our customers.
- Work directly with product managers and engineers, delivering wireframes, mockups and prototypes for responsive layouts, including product specs and assets
- Construct informal usability testing using tools such as usertesting.com
- Stay current with web design trends, tools, established design patterns, and best practices
This is an excellent opportunity to work across multiple disciplines in a fun, challenging, and supportive environment. We pride ourselves on delivering industry leading customer experience through simple, elegant user experiences and polished design. Our creative department supports all the design of our mobile applications and web based responsive software-as-a-service financial products.
What we're looking for in you:
- Proactivity: Resourceful, has grit, and a positive "can do" attitude; acts without being told what to do
- Flexibility/adaptability: Cool with rapidly changing priorities and projects.
- Follow-through: Follows through on items without being managed.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority last minute requests and other high stress situations; Works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Intelligence: Likes learning and learns quickly
- Communication: Ability to speak clearly and with intent
What you should have:
- 5+ years of UX web and mobile-first design experience producing engaging, intuitive, and effective design solutions using user-centric principles
- Be able to use Sketch, Axure, Invision, or other similar tools to prototype and communicate new features
- Strong design file organization practices beneficial for working with files across UX and other departments.
- Experience designing, not only the UI layout and flows, but the moments in between, such as transitions, animations, and subtle elements that create a living lovable product.
- Deep experience with responsive design and an understanding of grid-based layouts
- Experience managing projects, strong communications skills and ability to explain your work
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and current technology capabilities
- Ability to construct animations and micro-interactions to enhance UX
- Experience in product user experience design
- Familiar with iOS or Android mobile best practices
- Experience with applications such as Principle, Abstract, and Zeplin
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, we think our people are awesome, so we created the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are proactive, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find humble individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.