Do you enjoy working with smart people to solve fascinating problems involving recommendation systems and natural language processing in a modern reactive Java stack? Do you take pride in coming up with elegant, readable, and maintainable code? Do you enjoy understanding an entire business, and how your contribution makes customers happier? If so, keep reading.
If you’re such a developer, we would like you to join us in our mission to make online content individually relevant and personally engaging. Currently, our systems collect and analyze billions of events per month. We leverage Kafka, Elasticsearch, Docker, Datadog, and other technologies in order to build a reliable and scalable system that does so. We need someone with strong Java, data, and systems skills to help us expand and maintain these backend services and data stores.
Ultimately, we are looking for curious and adaptable people who deliver results and think critically. It would also help if you have a good sense of humor and happen to be a champion ping pong player.
We are a small, venture funded startup that solves a critical problem for prominent brands that leverage content marketing. We offer flexible work arrangements and excellent benefits. We are located in the heart of downtown Austin.
“Let’s meet” skills
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of Java experience
- Comfortable and open to pair programming
- Demonstrated ability to produce reliable and maintainable systems
- Experience with Java 8 and above
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
“Can we hire you yesterday” skills
- Experience with modern Java stacks (Ratpack, Spock, Gradle)
- Experience reactive and event driven systems (RxJava, Kappa Architecture)
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with streaming systems (Kafka Streams, Apache Spark)
- Experience in content marketing
- Knowledge of recommender systems
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!