We are building a local team and looking for an outstanding country manager to lead our work in Germany.
About the role
You will hold overall responsibility for the success of the in-country team in Germany, reporting to the London office but based in Berlin. Your role will involve management, strategy, sales, business development and account management, especially for our key local partners. You will work with a local marketing manager, partnerships/business development manager and a local marketing agency, as well as the team based in the London HQ.
Through building an ecosystem of business partnerships and implementing a consumer acquisition strategy, you will have responsibility for driving usage of 3 word addresses as part of everyday life for people in Germany.
Working closely with our global business development and marketing teams in London, you will drive forward and forge key relationships for what3words, focusing on how businesses can drive usage of 3 word addresses in Germany and creating an ecosystem that enables acquisition and retention of users. You will be expected to take on strategic responsibility within your first two months, thinking creatively about how to grow our business and acting fast to make it happen.
You will be:
- charismatic and able to lead a team confidently
- data-driven and motivated by challenging targets
- diplomatic and able to handle complex negotiations, discussions and projects
- highly tech-savvy, with an excellent understanding of the technology behind what3words
- ambitious, with a desire to make an impact on the international stage in this fast-growing company
- excellent at convincing people to get things done
- willing to work on all aspects of the business, from high-level meetings to day-to-day administration
- a natural relationship builder
- commercially-minded and committed to global social change through business
- competent at managing a small team, and an exceptional project manager
- able to communicate the technical aspects of our business with authority
- imaginative in how you find new clients, and rigorous and determined in converting those relationships into long-term engagements
- able to understand clients’ pain points quickly and match those to the solutions we can provide.
You will have:
- 5-10 years of experience, preferably having held a leadership or management role
- fluent written and spoken English and German
- an incredibly sharp mind, with the academic or work history to prove it
- education to degree level, or equivalent
- networks and contacts in Germany from the private sector (especially logistics, ecommerce, travel or automotive)
Extra points if you
- speak multiple languages
- have started your own thing or sold something new and revolutionary
- have written code or built apps/websites
- have experience in public speaking and/or media / press interviews
- can show us examples of deals you have closed or high-value clients you have brought on board
About the team
Our global team is made up of people from all kinds of backgrounds and from all over the world. We are looking for someone dynamic who believes in our vision for change and is excited to join the company at this stage of growth.
We have a culture that encourages curiosity and imagination in how we achieve our goals, and an absolute focus on building a global business.
This is an incredibly exciting time to be joining what3words, as we begin to explore new global territories.
We are looking for someone to start this role as soon as possible, so applications will be considered as and when we receive them.
Please note that this role will be based in Berlin; we will only accept applications from individuals who already reside there or are willing to relocate immediately, and from those legally able to work in Germany.
Get in touch with some combination a CV and cover letter – outlining why you want to work for what3words and its potential in Germany.