Kabbage is blazing a trail in big data and FinTech and we are looking for an Database Administrator to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is more than a lender for small businesses; our data and technology platform is now being used as a fully branded product by other lenders, and our products are expanding. We’ve received numerous awards & recognition, including Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work, “36th fastest growing company in the US” on the INC 500 List, Fast Company’s "Top 10 most innovative companies in finance" and Forbes' "America’s Top 100 Most Promising Companies" among others.
Provide stability, security, and availability of the Kabbage data platform. Ensure the accuracy of our data and strive to constantly improve it. Provide quality solutions to both our internal and external stakeholders, quickly delivering requests and enhancements. Learn and implement innovative technology solutions to support Kabbage's business needs.
What you'll be doing:
- Work as a team to maintain the health, security and integrity of our data.
- Participate in software deployments, resolve data requests and automate tasks.
- Collaborate with other teams to solution new features and overcome challenges.
- Contribute to the building of our data landscape as we continue to grow.
What we're looking for in you:
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems; open to new ways of doing things.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work; has a can-do attitude. Someone who doesn't believe a feature is fully shipped until it's fast and reliable.
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it; exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Communication: Communicates information, ideas, and concepts clearly.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; copes effectively with complexity and change.
- High Standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically; earns trust and maintains confidences; does what is right, not just what is politically expedient; speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do; brings new ideas to the company.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Collaboration: Working well with a range of people from across the business.
What you should have:
- Experience as an administrator for MS SQL Server 2014-2016, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS, including monitoring, security, and automation.
- Experience with SQL Server replication technologies: WSFC, Availability Groups, Transactional Replication.
- Solid and advanced T-SQL skills.
- Strong performance tuning skills with a proven troubleshooting methodology.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-key individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.