Clover is reinventing health insurance to keep people healthier.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. The Clover legal team is a small and nimble group that takes on novel legal issues requiring creative solutions. We are a smart and scrappy group of in-house lawyers proactively addressing legal matters that challenge us to think differently.
As an Associate General Counsel, you will be a key member of the legal team, providing advice and counsel on a broad range of health care issues. You will partner with business groups across the company, including our growth, clinical operations, technology, experience, compliance, and clinician teams, and work closely with leaders to anticipate and develop solutions. You will also provide guidance on compliance with applicable regulations to Clover's corporate strategy and businesses. You should be a team player and not afraid to take on new challenges or work with uncertainty.
As a Associate General Counsel, you will:
- Collaborate with Legal, Compliance, Growth, Business Ops, Product and other departments to identify and analyze areas of risk; proposing and driving solutions in complex matters.
- Manage external legal counsel, expenditures, and oversight of deliverables for relevant tasks and projects.
- Review, draft, edit and negotiate provider and/or commercial agreements, including NDAs, BAAs, and vendor agreements of all kinds.
- Manage regulatory matters, including information requests, audits and/or investigations.
- Provide legal support on issues concerning Payment Integrity (fraud, waste and abuse) and relevant health care and privacy laws.
- Develop internal policies across a broad range of subject matter, including employment, privacy and security
- Perform other duties as needed, which may include drafting legal research, regulatory filings, internal policies and procedures, forms, and corporate governance matters.
You will love this job if:
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- You are detail-oriented and a dynamic team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy working in a transparent and collaborative environment with changing priorities.
- You have the ability to effectively present and analyze information and respond to questions from team members and management.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and thrive on crafting creative solutions to problems.
- You are eager to jump into cutting edge issues and learn — quickly.
- You are humble. You don't mind tackling both the small and large tasks.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 5-10 years of relevant legal health care experience at a national law firm, in-house, and/or federal regulatory agencies. Expertise in HIPAA, Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug programs is a plus.
- You have a J.D degree from an accredited law school.
- You are licensed to practice law in California, or a U.S. state and are qualified to register as in-house counsel in California.
- You have analytical and problem solving skills.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.