We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual who possesses strong technical leadership and ability, to work on the world class Fintech organization. As a Senior System admin, your main responsibility is managing end user work stations, servers, network and firewall and helping improve on the IT processes, controls and infrastructures.
Critical Business Activities
- Managing work stations, virtual/physical servers, networks, storage and Firewall.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter
- Installing updates and patches
- Managing IT infrastructure assets and monitoring the performance
- Setting up and monitoring security policies and controls for corporate network infrastrcutures
- Documenting IT processes and projects
- Upgrading systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Performing and testing routine system backups and restores Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
- Ensuring the security of the server infrastructure by implementing industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Setting up and managing centralized storage servers
- Working with geographically distributed teams
Competencies and Experience
Technical Skills and Experience
- 4-5 years of experience in IT support
- Good experience in deploying and maintaining routers, switches, and wireless devices
- Strong skills on
- Strong knowledge of routing protocols VPN, IPSEC, VoIP and MPLS
- Having knowledge on implementation and monitoring the security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Knowledge on Windows 7, 8 and 10 Operating System and Windows 2012/2016 servers.
- Good experience on Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WSUS and Group Policy.
- Having good knowledge in site to site Active Directory replication
- Having good knowledge in Network and Firewall
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting routers and switches from major vendors
- Experience with setting up world class Audio/Video conferencing solutions
- Experience in networking monitoring tools
- Experience with RAID and hardware troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge in troubleshooting Windows desktops and servers.
- Experience with O365 administrations and controls
- Experience with monitoring IT infrastructure performance and security controls
- Experience in troubleshooting network related issues
- Experience with server backup solutions
- Should be MCSA/MCSE Certified.
- Ready to support for UK and US time schedule whenever it required.
- Exposure to Virtual Desktop environments is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skill.
- Knowledge: Individual should be capable of understanding our process and IT setup. Provide the permanent solution on first attempt, automate our tasks and provide the innovative solution.
- Able to understand the problem given.
- Technical decision with help.
- Understand the reason for the proposed technical solution
- Team work:
- Treats others with respect
- Works participatively with other team members
- Reliability / Ownership:
- Take the responsibility on tasks
- Can complete tasks with help
- Provides regular updates
- Usually escalates issues when necessary
- Following IT process
- Structuring and documenting the tasks
Execution: Can create acceptable quality output with guidance in a reasonable amount of time.