Vlocity is a fast-growing enterprise applications company focused on bringing industry-specific business processes to the cloud. With 400 employees around the world and customers on six continents, Vlocity has been the fastest-growing independent software vendor on the Salesforce platform for two years running. Vlocity is currently shipping version 18 of its application suite, and has raised over $100MM in capital from investors including Salesforce.com, Accenture and Sutter Hill Ventures.
Vlocity develops software to help communications, media & energy providers, insurance carriers and government agencies digitally engage customers through their channels and devices of choice. We serve dozens of the world’s Fortune 5000 companies including Sky Italia, Telecom Italia, TELUS, 3, Telecom Argentina, Cellcom, New York Life, Farmers Insurance, Harvard Pilgrim, and Anthem. Our solutions run on our customers’ web sites, in their contact centers and on the mobile devices of their service and sales professionals – providing a compelling, modern, omnichannel experience. Despite the complexity and sophistication of the enterprise business processes we enable, we believe the user experience should be as simple and compelling as a consumer application.
This unique opportunity puts you at the center of marketing and thought leadership at Vlocity, a Forbes Cloud 100 company and Salesforce’s fastest growing partner. In this role you will drive content and programs to share the thought leadership perspectives of Vlocity and the industries that Vlocity covers across technology, business, and our corporate values. You will engage with some of the best and brightest minds in their fields to capture, distribute, and amplify the ideas and movements of today.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to drive content strategy and creation for a company with both the appetite and market potential for billion-dollar growth.
Reporting directly to Chief Marketing & Alliance Officer and working in tandem with creative services and demand generation. This position is based in San Francisco, CA but open to remote-working scenarios.
- Scale Vlocity’s corporate thought leadership program, developing and writing original content on how the latest technology and social trends will impact on business
- Develop distribution plans to drive awareness and engagement around key thought leadership topics - Digital Transformation, Enterprise Cloud Software, BSS to the Cloud, Digital Insurance
- Identify and engage with visionaries and thought leaders externally to develop, publish and amplify thought-provoking, unique content
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders including content marketing, creative, PR, product teams, strategy, and events to create and maintain a coherent, engaging voice
- Work with Vlocity executives, sales professionals, customers and industry thought leaders to identify the topics that resonate with prospective customers
- Work with internal stakeholders to create specific content and PR support of programs and other content priorities as outlined in the editorial calendar
- Collaborate with marketing execs to refine messages in real time and provide insight to other functions including demand generation, product marketing and communications
- Provide copy edit support to other teams as defined for external-facing materials
- Identify and supervise 3rd party writers
- Work with the internal creative services team to execute programs, events and campaigns globally
- Work with the social media team to identify SEO methods in content assets to increase discovery
- Work with the social media team to distribute content via corporate social media channels and online platforms
- Contribute toward content function’s KPIs by improving content assets and trying other new ideas to meet established goals
- Plugged into "what's hot" at the intersection of business and technology today - with a thirst for provocative ideas that are disrupting business
- High energy, innovative, and able to drive a project and execute to a vision without micromanagement
- A growth mindset, seeing opportunity and solutions when presented with challenges and an always-evolving environment
- Strong content strategy, messaging, writing, editing, and journalistic skills. Nuanced storytelling is your forte
- Collaborative and confident, effortlessly able to identify, engage and develop relationships with influencers and thought leaders both within and beyond the Vlocity and Salesforce ecosystem
- 4+ years in marketing communications, content marketing, product marketing, content strategy, and/or PR
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record (MBA a plus)
- Experience in SaaS space, CRM and/or the Salesforce ecosystem a plus
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple teams/disciplines
- Working knowledge of the PR function
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Exceptional project management skills
- At least 4+ years of professional experience in writing or a related function, preferably for a software company
- Experience documenting enterprise software, such as CRM, CPQ, Order Management, Insurance and Financial Services business processes
- Experience in the Telecommunications and/or Insurance industry is a bonus
- Experience with the Salesforce Ecosystem is a bonus
- Experience using a multimedia approach to content is a bonus
- Stellar academic background. Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills required
- Experience in small, agile teams is a bonus
- Must enjoy the challenges and opportunities of a start-up environment
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and drive
- US work permit required
Send us a cover letter that relates your experience to what we’ve told you about the role. Be sure to include a link to samples of your written work. We’d like to see examples of how you’ve communicated forward-thinking ideas specific to the enterprise cloud software space.