Vlocity is a fast-growing enterprise applications company focused on bringing industry-specific business processes to the cloud. With 400 employees around the world and customers on six continents, Vlocity has been the fastest-growing independent software vendor on the Salesforce platform for two years running. Vlocity is currently shipping version 18 of its application suite, and has raised over $100MM in capital from investors including Salesforce.com, Accenture and Sutter Hill Ventures.
Vlocity develops software to help communications, media & energy providers, insurance carriers and government agencies digitally engage customers through their channels and devices of choice. We serve dozens of the world’s Fortune 5000 companies including Sky Italia, Telecom Italia, TELUS, 3, Telecom Argentina, Cellcom, New York Life, Farmers Insurance, Harvard Pilgrim, and Anthem. Our solutions run on our customers’ web sites, in their contact centers and on the mobile devices of their service and sales professionals – providing a compelling, modern, omnichannel experience. Despite the complexity and sophistication of the enterprise business processes we enable, we believe the user experience should be as simple and compelling as a consumer application.
Vlocity, Inc. is rapidly building out our Quality Engineering and Performance Engineering teams. Our products are used by tens of thousands of users already and this number is growing exponentially. We need to ensure we maintain and improve our service performance for all current and future use cases and with the increasing user and data load.
As a SW Engineer in Test in our Bangalore office you are responsible for developing high quality automated testing frameworks and test cases, specifying new tests and developing data sets required to run the tests. You will run the tests across all our products and releases and report any issues found to the corresponding development teams. We treat our test automation as a first class product, with development processes and code quality that rival or exceed those for our customer facing products. You will work either in the functional testing teams to test the application front-end and backend REST APIs or in the performance engineering team to test the REST API response times and scalability.
Our product is based on the Salesforce platform and you will be doing your testing using the extensive REST APIs being constantly developed. Additionally you will be testing our new full stack services running on Amazon EC2.
Our team is based in San Francisco and San Mateo, with growing independent development teams in Bangalore, India and Manila, Philippines.
- Responsible for test case specification, automation and data generation for the Vlocity products
- Develop test automation framework components and test cases using best object oriented programming practices in Java or Scala using tools like Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Gatling.
- Design and implement functional, performance, scalability, stability, and stress tests
- Analyze results, identify functional and performance issues and write clear and detailed bug reports
- Work in an agile, rapid development and prototyping environment where effective communication is paramount
- 5+ years of experience in software development or writing complex test automation for enterprise applications
- Experience in front-end web application test automation (e.g. Selenium WebDriver)
- Experience in industry best practices in SW development processes: Unit testing, OO design, code reviews etc.
- Experience with either functional or performance testing and analysis
- Experience testing complex REST APIs
- Experience in CRM, Force.com and the SalesForce1 platform a plus
- Strong programming and SW design skills in Java, C# or other OO language
- Clear communication (both verbal and written English) is a must.
- BSc in CS, EE or equivalent experience required