Vlocity is a fast-growing enterprise applications company focused on bringing industry-specific business processes to the cloud. With 400 employees around the world and customers on six continents, Vlocity has been the fastest-growing independent software vendor on the Salesforce platform for two years running. Vlocity is currently shipping version 18 of its application suite, and has raised over $100MM in capital from investors including Salesforce.com, Accenture and Sutter Hill Ventures.
Vlocity develops software to help communications, media & energy providers, insurance carriers and government agencies digitally engage customers through their channels and devices of choice. We serve dozens of the world’s Fortune 5000 companies including Sky Italia, Telecom Italia, TELUS, 3, Telecom Argentina, Cellcom, New York Life, Farmers Insurance, Harvard Pilgrim, and Anthem. Our solutions run on our customers’ web sites, in their contact centers and on the mobile devices of their service and sales professionals – providing a compelling, modern, omnichannel experience. Despite the complexity and sophistication of the enterprise business processes we enable, we believe the user experience should be as simple and compelling as a consumer application.
Vlocity, Inc. is expanding rapidly and our product portfolio keeps expanding. Our mobile application and framework team has grown to the point where it requires a dedicated QE Manager, Team Lead or Principal Engineer to manage the testing strategy and coordinate testing of new features and releases.
Working in a fast-paced startup requires flexibility in job descriptions so to start with this is an extremely hands-on position. You’re responsible for working daily with the product managers and engineering managers to understand the rapidly evolving plans, analyze new features, define test strategies and plans and ensure work is divided appropriately to the QEs and SDETs working in different scrum teams, both in San Francisco and in Manila, Philippines.
Initially this role will have just one or two direct reports but as we’re growing rapidly that is bound to change soon. You report to the Vice President of Quality Engineering in our San Francisco HQ. Work requires travel to Manila once or twice a year.
- Define testing strategy and write test plans for all major new / changed features
- Create test cases and perform hands-on manual testing of the more complex features
- Lead test automation for your functional area
- Manage the 1-2 QEs in the immediate scrum team and coordinate work of offshore QEs
- Review new created test cases as well as existing tests to ensure they are relevant and up to date
- Drive adoption and improvement of industry best practices in test case creation and documentation
- Define, track and report on metrics for test coverage and test progress
- Present testing status to development directors, Product Managers and executives
- BSc/MSc in CS, EE or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of experience in software testing
- 3+ years of experience as a technical lead, team lead or manager
- Experience testing business-to-business or enterprise services and applications
- Experience in hiring and coaching both manual and automation testers
- Front-end web application and REST API testing
- Industry best practices in SW development processes: Unit testing, OO design, code reviews etc.
- Programming and SW design skills in Java, C# or other OO language
- Front-end web application test automation (e.g. Selenium WebDriver) and REST API testing
- Clear communication (both verbal and written English) is a must
Desired Certifications / Qualifications
- Experience in any CRM system, preferably Salesforce or Siebel
- Experience in Selenium or Appium test automation
- Experience in performance testing