Vlocity is a fast-growing enterprise applications company focused on bringing industry-specific business processes to the cloud. With 400 employees around the world and customers on six continents, Vlocity has been the fastest-growing independent software vendor on the Salesforce platform for two years running. Vlocity is currently shipping version 18 of its application suite, and has raised over $100MM in capital from investors including Salesforce.com, Accenture and Sutter Hill Ventures.
Vlocity develops software to help communications, media & energy providers, insurance carriers and government agencies digitally engage customers through their channels and devices of choice. We serve dozens of the world’s Fortune 5000 companies including Sky Italia, Telecom Italia, TELUS, 3, Telecom Argentina, Cellcom, New York Life, Farmers Insurance, Harvard Pilgrim, and Anthem. Our solutions run on our customers’ web sites, in their contact centers and on the mobile devices of their service and sales professionals – providing a compelling, modern, omnichannel experience. Despite the complexity and sophistication of the enterprise business processes we enable, we believe the user experience should be as simple and compelling as a consumer application.
Vlocity, Inc. is rapidly building out our Quality Engineering team in Bangalore, India. Our products are used by tens of thousands of users already and this number is growing exponentially. We need to ensure we maintain and improve our service quality and reliability for all the current and future use cases.
As a DevOps Quality Engineer you are responsible for testing the infrastructure as well as the tools, scripts and processes used to maintain our Amazon EC2 / Docker / Kubernetes based product infrastructure. Your work will build on the functional testing done by the existing QE team to ensure that the production environment is built in a robust way, and that any upgrades and maintenance is done in a controlled way that ensures maximum uptime of the service.
You work closely with the QE, development, DevOps and 24/7 operations teams to develop test plans, test cases and test automation. You will test all the scripts and processes developed by the DevOps team and work with them to maintain the QE and staging environments.
The team is spread across Bangalore, Manila, Philippines and Melbourne, Australia. Some travel between the sites is required.
- Plan, specify and execute test cases for the infrastructure maintenance and recovery processes
- Plan, specify and execute test cases for the infrastructure maintenance scripts
- Review and improve maintenance and recovery documentation by the DevOps team
- Maintain test and staging environments for the functional QE team
- Develop automated test cases for the infrastructure maintenance tools and scripts
- BSc/MSc in CS, EE or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years of experience in software industry
- 2+ years of experience in software testing
- 2+ years of experience working with Amazon EC2 maintenance, Linux servers and Docker
- Linux server maintenance
- Docker, Kubernetes or similar container system
- Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Bash, Perl, Python or similar scripting language
- Writing clear technical documentation
Desired Certifications / Qualifications
- Java programming skills
- Experience in CRM or Salesforce / Force.com platform