Vlocity is a fast-growing enterprise applications company focused on bringing industry-specific business processes to the cloud. With 400 employees around the world and customers on six continents, Vlocity has been the fastest-growing independent software vendor on the Salesforce platform for two years running. Vlocity is currently shipping version 18 of its application suite, and has raised over $100MM in capital from investors including Salesforce.com, Accenture and Sutter Hill Ventures.
Vlocity develops software to help communications, media & energy providers, insurance carriers and government agencies digitally engage customers through their channels and devices of choice. We serve dozens of the world’s Fortune 5000 companies including Sky Italia, Telecom Italia, TELUS, 3, Telecom Argentina, Cellcom, New York Life, Farmers Insurance, Harvard Pilgrim, and Anthem. Our solutions run on our customers’ web sites, in their contact centers and on the mobile devices of their service and sales professionals – providing a compelling, modern, omnichannel experience. Despite the complexity and sophistication of the enterprise business processes we enable, we believe the user experience should be as simple and compelling as a consumer application.
Vlocity, Inc. is rapidly building out our Quality Engineering and Performance Engineering teams. Our products are used by tens of thousands of users already and this number is growing exponentially. We need to ensure we maintain and improve our service quality and performance for all the current and future use cases.
As a Principal SW Engineer in Test in our Bangalore office you are responsible for taking the lead in designing and implementing new tools and frameworks for both functional and performance testing. You work as a technical lead for all test automation efforts in your area, reviewing designs and code written by other quality engineers and helping them to develop their programming skills.
In addition to framework/tool development you will be responsible for testing the most technically challenging features of the product. These features often require developing custom integrations with external systems or customizing the Vlocity product in in the same way 3rd party development partners customize our product for our customers.
We treat our test automation as a first class product, with development processes and code quality that rival or exceed those for our customer facing products. Our products are based on Salesforce platform with custom UI and extensive REST APIs being constantly developed. Additionally you will be developing test frameworks for our new full stack services running on Amazon EC2.
Our team is based in San Francisco and San Mateo, with a growing independent development teams in Bangalore, India and Manila, Philippines.
- Develop tools, test automation framework components and test cases in Java
- Develop performance testing framework components in Scala
- Write design and internal technical documentation for commonly used components
- Write clear and detailed bug reports, participate in bug discussions and follow them to resolution
- Work in an agile, rapid development and prototyping environment where effective communication is paramount
- MSc in CS, EE or equivalent experience required
- 12+ years of experience in software development, engineering productivity or complex test automation framework design
- Experience developing or testing large scale cloud based enterprise applications
- Strong programming and SW design skills in Java, C# or other OO language
- Strong software design skills for shared components and libraries
- Writing clear design documents, Javadocs and technical documentation for internal users
- Industry best practices in SW development processes: Unit testing, OO design, code reviews etc.
- Front-end web application test automation (e.g. Selenium WebDriver) and REST API testing
- Experience in performance testing
- Experience in CRM in general or Salesforce / Force.com platform