Vlocity is a fast-growing enterprise applications company focused on bringing industry-specific business processes to the cloud. With 400 employees around the world and customers on six continents, Vlocity has been the fastest-growing independent software vendor on the Salesforce platform for two years running. Vlocity is currently shipping version 18 of its application suite, and has raised over $100MM in capital from investors including Salesforce.com, Accenture and Sutter Hill Ventures.
Vlocity develops software to help communications, media & energy providers, insurance carriers and government agencies digitally engage customers through their channels and devices of choice. We serve dozens of the world’s Fortune 5000 companies including Sky Italia, Telecom Italia, TELUS, 3, Telecom Argentina, Cellcom, New York Life, Farmers Insurance, Harvard Pilgrim, and Anthem. Our solutions run on our customers’ web sites, in their contact centers and on the mobile devices of their service and sales professionals – providing a compelling, modern, omnichannel experience. Despite the complexity and sophistication of the enterprise business processes we enable, we believe the user experience should be as simple and compelling as a consumer application.
Vlocity is recruiting Principal full stack application developers to join our fast growing startup. These developers will have the unique opportunity to shape and create Vlocity's vertical apps from the ground up built on the Salesforce Platform.
As a Principal developer in our Bangalore office you are responsible for taking the lead in designing and implementing product requirements that are highly usable, scalable, extensible, and maintainable, in large part on the Force.com platform. You will work in a highly agile environment, with product managers, engineers and customers, as well as with our leadership team, using iterative and test-driven design methods.
We are going to build our industry apps on modern technology stacks. Force.com and Salesforce1 will be our cloud-based CRM platform. We will add additional technology stacks as needed and you'll be part of that analysis and development process.
- Object and entity modeling on Force.com platform
- Write create clean, effective code for simple or complex user tasks
- Work in an agile, rapid development and prototyping environment where effective communication is paramount
- Contribute to building a positive, can-do, high-performance culture
- Work with Product Management to define product requirements and functional specifications Work with the product team to assess feasibility and priority of features and upgrades
- To factor performance and scalability considerations into the product all the way from requirements through implementation – to create a highly performance, responsive, robust system
- Lead feature/product engineering teams and participate in architecture and design reviews
- Mentor junior developers. Provide feedback on the development efforts of junior developers
- 12+ years of experience in software development
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design patterns & experience with OO languages (Java, Ruby, Python, Scala etc)
- Experience with the Spring framework, JDBC, Maven and other Java related technologies
- Hands on Data Structure and Algorithms experience
- Experience in Architect level designing
- Enterprise software development experience is required
- Experience with and knowledge of relational databases
- Experience and desire to work within a fast-paced, iterative development environment
- Experience with Agile development is a strong plus
- Experience with Force.com and the SalesForce1 platform is a plus
- Experience in hiring, mentoring and coaching Junior developers
- Stellar academic background, BTech or MTech degree or equivalent experience required, specializing in computer science or similar engineering discipline