Vlocity is a fast-growing enterprise applications company focused on bringing industry-specific business processes to the cloud. With 400 employees around the world and customers on six continents, Vlocity has been the fastest-growing independent software vendor on the Salesforce platform for two years running. Vlocity is currently shipping version 18 of its application suite, and has raised over $100MM in capital from investors including Salesforce.com, Accenture and Sutter Hill Ventures.
Vlocity develops software to help communications, media & energy providers, insurance carriers and government agencies digitally engage customers through their channels and devices of choice. We serve dozens of the world’s Fortune 5000 companies including Sky Italia, Telecom Italia, TELUS, 3, Telecom Argentina, Cellcom, New York Life, Farmers Insurance, Harvard Pilgrim, and Anthem. Our solutions run on our customers’ web sites, in their contact centers and on the mobile devices of their service and sales professionals – providing a compelling, modern, omnichannel experience. Despite the complexity and sophistication of the enterprise business processes we enable, we believe the user experience should be as simple and compelling as a consumer application.
As a front-end application developer you will work with product managers, UX experts and other developers to create feature-rich browser-based interfaces for our growing suite of products. You will also be required to build responsive web applications and pages that are able to run across desktop browsers and mobile devices. You will be expected to ensure your applications conform to best practice coding standards, make optimal use of advanced framework capabilities, and have full unit test coverage. You will write clear and well-structured documentation, such as technical designs, release notes and user guides. You will work in our Manila offices with a small team of Vlocity Engineering colleagues.
This role will suit a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable working remotely with team members who may be spread across a number of different locations. In addition you will:
- Be a quick learner and keen to embrace new technologies and development frameworks
- Be a clear communicator and team player
- Be able to work under your own initiative
- Have a talent for problem solving and a well-organized approach to work.
- 3 years commercial experience of digital web development
- Experience and desire to work within a fast-paced, iterative development environment; experience with Agile development is a strong plus
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Design principles and patterns
Desired Certifications / Qualifications
- Stellar academic background
- Bachelor degree in computer science or similar engineering discipline