Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Clover Health is a Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plan that is changing how health care is delivered. The health care delivery system is undergoing many changes, however most health insurance payers are trying to execute this change with decades old processes and technologies in a top-down framework. In this role, you will have the opportunity to engage with forward thinking health systems with the goal of implementing programs in a data driven manner to improve the lives of our members and transform the health care delivery system.
As an Intern on our Network Engagement team you will be an active participant in our network management strategy. You will partner with many teams at Clover and be exposed to facets of provider network development, membership growth, compliance, and member and provider experience.
Come be at the heart of progressive payer/provider relationships!
As an Intern you will:
- Map prospective partners for Clover across clinical (ie network providers) and non-clinical (vendors) in all geographies.
- Partner with Clover leadership to prepare for and attend strategy sessions with third parties.
- Partner with Clover's Finance and Actuarial teams to analyze and value prospective transactions.
- Research compelling de novo opportunities for Clover to provide optimal, thoughtful care for our members.
- Review and opine on current policy impacting Medicare Advantage plans.
- Use data-driven techniques to help identify, engage and attract best-in-class providers for Clover's clinical networks.
You will love this job if:
- You are a proactive communicator. You are clear, honest and can distill large volumes of complex ideas into key areas of focus and action.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity. Health insurance is a land of messy data and complicated problems; you don't shy away from either.
- You have an insatiable curiosity and appetite to learn. You are always looking to improve experience, processes and methods of execution.
You should get in touch if:
- You are a current first-year MBA or MPH student with an interest in healthcare management or public health policy.
- You have previous experience within a healthcare setting (preferred).
- You can dedicate 11-12 weeks starting in late-May/June 2018 to work out of either our San Francisco, CA or Jersey City, NJ office.
- You are able and willing to travel as needed.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.