Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Medical Assistant (MA) will assist the Nurse Practitioner team in conducting health assessments (Clover Care Visit) on enrolled Medicare Advantage members in the member's home. MA's will also assist Nurse Practitioner’s in conducting follow-up visits with Clover members that have recently been discharged from a hospital or another acute-care facility.
Assignments of home visits will be based on geographic area of responsibility, staff availability and member needs. The nature of the home visits vary and include post-discharge medication reconciliation and review of discharge plan, obtaining baseline information, administering point-of-care tests, performing physical exams and writing needed prescriptions, and providing medical management to prevent progression of disease and re-hospitalization.
The Medical Assistant may also perform data abstraction from digital/paper records and participate in telephonic campaigns around care management.
As a Certified Medical Assistant you will:
- Perform follow-up care to members discharged to the home.
- Assess the needs of members and their families including assessment of the patient’s home environment.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of medical history, physical examinations, and recording the date in the patient’s record; writing progress notes in the home or other outpatient settings, preparing patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive and negative findings, obtaining psychosocial history relevant to member care.
- Monitor, record and report assessments, findings (symptoms and changes in members health status) and interventions at the end of each day.
- Coordinate with the interdisciplinary team in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Perform point of care tests in the home including obtaining urine samples, fingerstick, etc.
- Provide teaching and counseling in the areas of health promotion, disease prevention, maintenance, and management of acute/chronic diseases.
- Communicate findings in assessments that will be used to inform member's PCP of potential gaps in care.
- Respond to member's frequently asked questions about Clover Health Plan, benefits, coverage, etc.
- Ensure that Clover members receive efficient and timely preventative services.
- Conduct follow up phone calls to members regarding point of care testing reminders, making and attending referral appointments, etc.
- Perform data abstraction from digital/paper forms and record accordingly.
- Participate in telephonic campaigns around care management.
- Attend and participate in regular ongoing meetings.
- Ability to perform tasks involving standing, walking, lifting, climbing stairs, moderate physical effort, lifting and maneuvering patients, occasionally must reach above head and carry medium to light weight equipment.
- Exposure to communicable diseases, blood and blood products, illness, sharp instruments and needles, and electricity when in clinical areas. Ability to work in the member's home.
You will love this job if:
- You find it delightful and personable to visit and travel to members' homes and other locations.
- You communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- You have terrific customer experience skills.
- You are tech savvy. Comfortable with documenting in electronic medical record and utilizing electronic data and reports.
- You value the ability to work independently, but also collaboratively with a Nurse Practitioner and interdisciplinary team.
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment. Ability to adapt to change and deal effectively with stress.
- You are detail oriented.
You should get in touch if:
- You have full time experience as a Medical Assistant (minimum 1-2 years).
- You have home care experience preferred (minimum 1-2 years).
- You are Fluent in Spanish is a strong plus.
- You must be able travel to the member’s home. Access to reliable transportation is required with a valid drivers license.
- You have knowledge of healthcare procedures.
- You have counseling, advising, decision making and problem solving skills.
- You have great interpersonal and human relation skills and experience dealing tactfully and patiently with members.
- You are able to develop excellent professional relationships.
- You are comfortable with documenting in electronic medical record, and utilizing electronic data and reports.
- You have the ability to work independently but also collaboratively with a Nurse Practitioner and interdisciplinary team.
- You have knowledge of long term care, geriatrics and chronic illness is a plus.
- You have a High School Diploma and/or GED
- You have a certification as a Medical Assistant.
- You have a current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS).
We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.