Clover is reinventing health insurance to keep people healthier.
The Clinical Operations team is responsible for ensuring patients have access to the right care at the right time, in the right setting. We collaborate with cross functional group of nurses, social workers, coordination support, and our larger operations teams to deliver personalized care to our members. We also work with our in-house clinical team to develop clinical programming, and with our product and tech teams to build out the tooling needed to support the programs we design and deliver.
Clover's first clinical service was sending a single type of clinician into a member's home to complete a single type of clinical encounter, just one time per year. Today, our field services operation has evolved to support the delivery of over a dozen visit types completed by over five types of clinicians (from Nurse Practitioners to Licensed Social Workers). As a Clinical Product Operations Associate working on our Field Services team, you will drive the delivery of these services by partnering with the clinical teams to streamline operational processes, implement quality control measures, and drive continuous improvement as the program grows.
As an Operations Associate, you will:
- Partner with technical and operational teams to implement data driven systems and design programs for a remote workforce that can be measured for impact and success. You'll grow deep operational intelligence, serve as a subject matter expert, and empower process improvements.
- Ensure our programs are providing the most appropriate care for our members along their entire care journey and operationalize new programs in collaboration with our clinical and provider teams.
- Make data driven decisions to optimize engagement with our members and ensure they maintain a best in class experience with Clover.
You will love this job if:
- You want to make an impact. You thrive off of helping others and want your work to make a difference in our members' lives, while also advocating for their needs.
- You are a people person - you know how to communicate effectively to build trust and lasting partnerships with many different types of people, teams, and stakeholders.
- You have a critical and analytical mindset. You understand how all the components of a process fit together and believe in the value of making data-driven decisions; you continuously monitor the efficacy of your programs through metrics tracking.
- You are nimble, and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity and speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 3+ years of prior experience in a blend of technology and operations, building scalable programs from scratch and iterating on them.
- You can dig into the weeds but also think big picture - you're able to relate the inputs and outputs of systems or processes to their overall business value and impact.
- You are a clear and concise communicator and know how to tailor your message to your audience.
- You have some start-up experience, although not required.
- You have (or are excited to develop) strong SQL skills.
- You are excited by the prospect of building a better healthcare system from the ground up.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.