HealthTap is the world’s first global health practice, and our mission is to help people live healthier, happier, longer lives. Founded in 2010 and with offices in Palo Alto and San Francisco, we work every day to connect millions in 174 countries with the most trusted doctors and health advice–from any mobile device or computer. We’re passionate about making a positive difference in the world, and we’re very proud to say that we have had over 24,000 users reach out to thank us for saving their lives. Our investors include Khosla Ventures, the Mayfield Fund, and Eric Schmidt among many others, and in 2015, we were named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum.
We’re hiring exceptional talent and inspiring leaders in all areas: from engineering and data to product, business operations, marketing, and more. If you’re passionate about solving meaningful problems and making a real difference in the world; if you’re up for the challenge of transforming global healthcare; and if you’re ready to see your work used by millions of people around the world...then read on!
As a Data Protection Manager, you will ensure the trusted operation of the HealthTap platform. You will be responsible for developing and implementing data protection processes in concert with Product and Engineering teams to ensure adherence to HealthTap’s ongoing compliance obligations. You will help with identification and design of data protection features that the product should support in order to maintain compliance and enhance user trust and privacy.
- Partner with Product teams to understand and document the data flows, and design data protection processes to protect HealthTap’s application and user data in line with industry best practices.
- Work with Engineering teams to identify opportunities to embed data protection controls in the software development process.
- Perform risk assessments and maintaining a risk register, documenting the data flows, risk prioritization and remediation.
- Operationalize tools and technology that can assist with implementation and automation of data protection processes and risk assessments.
- Identify a framework to capture and report on data protection metrics, both for internal use and for an external audience.
- Become the main contact person for issues pertaining to data protection for HealthTap application, users, and partners.
- Experience working in a technical environment in a data protection or product manager role dealing with personal data
- Knowledge of data protection principles, along with a keen understanding of applicable compliance requirements, particularly for the healthcare industry, and a bend for identifying creative solutions to solve complex issues
- Hands-on with technology and tools, and ability to automate tasks
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelors or masters degree
- CIPP/CIPM certification preferred
- Shape and define your own career happiness and success
- Rapidly grow a one-of-a-kind startup, furthering our goal of being one of the best places to work in all of Silicon Valley
- Make a difference in the world by solving meaningful problems
- Competitive compensation packages, valuable stock options, and growth opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Help improve the health and well-being of millions everywhere and actually save lives each and every day