C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The comprehensive and proven C3 AI Suite uses a model-driven abstraction layer to enable organizations to develop, deploy, and operate enterprise scale AI applications 40x to 100x faster than alternative approaches. www.c3.ai
C3.ai has an opening for a Paralegal located at our offices in Redwood City, CA. As a Paralegal at C3.ai, you will have the opportunity to join our small, but growing, legal department and be a full participant in projects impacting areas across the business. If you thrive on building discipline and process in a constantly changing environment, are a self-starter who is eager to learn, demonstrate instinctively good judgment and have a great sense of humor, you will fit right in with the C3.ai Legal team.
The ideal candidate should be able to shoulder multiple responsibilities--ranging from commercial transactions and corporate matters to disputes and policy—while helping the legal team be more efficient, organized and responsive.
- Initial drafts and review of standard contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, commercial licensing agreements, alliance agreements, etc.
- Coordinating contract administration across functions within the organization
- Assisting with corporate matters including organization and management of international subsidiaries
- Assisting in-house counsel with HR/employment matters, documentation, and processes
- Coordinating internal compliance documentation, training, and record-keeping
- Coordinating internal resources and external counsel in disputes and similar matters
- Partnering with IT to automate processes and improve organizational efficiency
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system
- Providing general assistance to the legal team as required
- Bachelor’s degree (paralegal certificate is *not* required)
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience. Legal experience is strongly preferred, but will also consider relevant experience in operations, administrative or project management
- Excited to solve problems, not just check boxes
- Instinctively good judgment
- Adaptable and resourceful in a dynamic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of contract administration and management practices
- Litigation and discovery experience
- Familiarity with one or more substantive legal regimes
C3.ai provides a competitive compensation package:
- Competitive salary, generous stock options, 401K, medical, dental, and vision benefits. At the office, we offer a fully stocked kitchen with catered breakfast and lunch, table tennis and pool table, free membership at our on-site gym, Friday evening social hours with food, drink and music and a fun team of great people.
C3.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.