We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer team-lead capable of guiding and expanding product QA to match the accelerated growth of a thriving startup. As a QA Team-Lead, you will guide and shape the quality culture and expectations for the entire organization. Responsibilities include being an active role in the BDD process, designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.) The QA role plays an important part in our company's BDD product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for working with product managers and engineering developers throughout the product process to promote the highest quality potential. This position will monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
About the Obo team
- We obsess about customer success and how our understanding of the market translates into useful and usable applications for our customers.
- We are deeply involved in driving practical product design—we are theorists grounded in reality.
- We meet with our customers regularly to inform our thinking, then we use this insight to “build for market.”
- We are more than product builders—we are product leaders.
- We are proud of our diverse organization and encourage team members to grow and perform at their highest level.
- We believe that everyone can move the needle.
About the position
In this position, you'll:
- Review product requirements, specifications, acceptance tests, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate quality testing activities.
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identify, record, thoroughly document, and track bugs.
- Automate and manage thorough regression test suites.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Understand and contribute to the improving the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Proactively communicate risks and design/quality issues that might increase scope.
- Encourage and embody teamwork across teams.
- Work with agile teams to continuously improve quality throughout the product process.
- Drive innovation in the quality discipline by researching and proposing changes to processes and tools.
- Operate with a consistent focus on simplicity and ease of use for our customers.
Required skills and experience
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, CIS/MIS, or a related subject.
- 5+ years of QA work experience, including proven work experience in software development process.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies such as Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), as well as tools and processes.
- Experience writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
Obo offers competitive compensation and benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, 401K, and commuter benefits; company-paid team lunches; and unlimited PTO